december gigs

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

chemical_si
Novice
Question: Orbital

december gigs

Post by chemical_si »

just wondering whether anybody has been to any gigs this month. more so did anybody go to either the prodigy gig down brixton or the chemical brothers gig at said venue.
my favourite t-shirt so far for giging has to be my lemon jelly shouty track t-shirt at the chemical brothers gig, which looks absolutely fantastic under strobe lights i can tell you. have yet to wear my altogther orbital t-shirt at a gig but that can wait till fatboy slim next week.
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

The Altogether UV ribcage is my favourite t shirt ever ever ever. ALWAYS gets comments...
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

I saw Laurent Garnier at The End the other weekend, which was brilliant. And I saw Jamie Lidell at Fabric on Saturday. That was cool too. And The Bravery a couple of weeks back, but that may have still just been in November.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
stylustrouble
Adnan

Post by stylustrouble »

Off to see James Zabiela,Francois K and Matthew Jonson in M'cr tomorrow and the Steve Lawler Xmas hoedown next week in da big smoke.

Also got Josh Wink in Brighton on Dec30,house party NYE and the Circo Loco shindig at The End on NY day.A sturdy pair of shades may be needed come 2 Jan...............
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

Is that Francois K as in Kevorkian?

If it's the same one, that bloke deserves some sort of award for 25 years as a DJ/remixer!

Still listen to his remix of Situation by Yazoo with a smile on my face...

Rich
stylustrouble
Adnan

Post by stylustrouble »

Yeah,it is Francois Kevorkian.

He's a bit like Garnier in that when he does the whole 'musical education' bit he can get a bit tedious but when he gets on the techno there's no finer rekkid spinner around 8)
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Memly @ the Alcatraz club Bournemouth tonight.

Ok so I didnt play till 2ish but I would say I had it in the bag...

Although some girl asked if i had any prodigy half way through my set (?) dunno if thats a compliment or what.............

I tried explaining it was my own stuff but I dont think she understood!!
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Kansler
Sinner

Post by Kansler »

Francois K appears in the oddest of places, that guy's been AROUND...
His remix (with Rob Rives) of Expo2000 was neat.
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
Kvagga
Omen

Post by Kvagga »

Well, like I mentioned in the music discussion forum already, I went to see Hybrid DJ last night and also saw the Finnish band Rinneradio play live. Rinneradio played they're usual jazzy etno grooves which were nice to have a drink with friends to, and when Hybrid came on I danced in the very front for the rest of the night. After the set, a drunken me even managed to climb on stage and shake hands with Chris Healings and tell him that "I love Marrakech and If I Survive"... :P