Tickets on ebay already at £99.99

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

stimpee
Saint
Question: Orbital

Tickets on ebay already at £99.99

Post by stimpee »

soik

Re: Tickets on ebay already at £99.99

Post by soik »

much as i hate to say this....i've got mine so i'm alright

he'll easily sell them too i expect

in other news.....fingers crossed for a saturday night gig for us as well...... 8)
Ronnie_mk2

Post by Ronnie_mk2 »

I really hate this kind of thing
Like an idiot I forgot my login in details, but since I was last here have changed my email address.
You may recognise me from my picture or know me as Ronnie.
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

maybe report him to ebay?
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Timbob
Monsters Exist!
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Timbob »

it isn't even sold out, is it?

that's crazy, but things like that will continue to happen...
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

tossers! annoys me....

It was sold out this morning and then more tickets were released ?!?!
kroz

Post by kroz »

Timbob wrote:it isn't even sold out, is it?

that's crazy, but things like that will continue to happen...
Sadly, market forces, supply and demand, all those other tedious phrases that touts trot out.

I note with interest that the same seller is selling 8 tickets for London, and 7 for Manchester (implying that one of the Manchester tickets is going to be taken up). And the seller is based in Wigan. Hmm. Shouldn't be too hard, if Loopz wanted to get this guy's order canned, to trace through someone who's bought two batches of 4 tickets for each venue from two addresses/cards in the Wigan area.

Alternatively, Loopz/Orbital/recordstore.co.uk could contact eBay and ask for the auction to be withdrawn as an infringement of the ticket sales terms and conditions (although I didn't see any T's and C's, but then I don't look for that kind of thing when I'm ordering tickets, I just plough through to the credit card page and then dance around the office once I've got my tix secured :D ).
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Unfortunately, there will always be people who buy and selll tickets to make a profit, and if they can sell them for 100 quid, then I can't really blame them...

I don't believe that there's anything that can be done about it - it's allowed on ebay (unless a law is passed). The only way that tickets can't be sold is if you implement something like Glastonbury does, and that isn't really viable for small gigs.

Of course, the other option is to use e-tickets and have to show some kind of identification (with a photo), although I believe that they will accept things like utility bills, which of course could be anyones!

Such is life - moral of the story is to buy them when they first come out! :)
SSSSS

Post by SSSSS »

Honestly cant see whats wrong with people selling tickets. If you are mug enough to pay £100 on a ticket then thats up to the individual surely. Got to be better than buying them off some scally outside the venue hasn't it? Ive got mine - thats all I give a shit about! :-)
kroz

Post by kroz »

SSSSS wrote:Honestly cant see whats wrong with people selling tickets. If you are mug enough to pay £100 on a ticket then thats up to the individual surely. Got to be better than buying them off some scally outside the venue hasn't it? Ive got mine - thats all I give a shit about! :-)
Yep, that's fine. Now imagine a situation where someone doesn't get paid until, say, the first of the month. As the first of the month this coming month is a Sunday, their work pays them on Friday. However, they haven't got internet access that they can use at work, so they're in a situation where they can't buy their tickets until they get home Friday evening after work. Let's suggest that the tickets are all going to sell out -- not just from the large amount of genuine fans buying tickets, but from people buying tickets SPECIFICALLY to sell on eBay. That means that by the time this hypothetical mad keen Orbital fan gets home on Friday night, the gig's completely sold out.

Now, I don't mind people buying extras knowing they'll off-load them to their mates (that's what I did -- initially I was going to buy 2, but my mate took responsibility for the other two, saying that he knew we'd have no trouble finding someone from the old gang to go along), but it's when people buy extras, or even tickets for a gig that they're not going to go to (as with this guy who's likely bought 16 tickets in total - 15 of which are for sale on eBay), specifically to sell on eBay or the secondary market, depriving genuine fans of tickets at the original sale value, that p***es me off no end.

And, before anyone says, I've been in the hypothetical situation I cite above, and I know many others who have in the past as well. I've paid over the odds for a gig I really really didn't want to miss, but couldn't buy tickets for in the on-sale. I've missed out on tickets because I couldn't get out of 9am meetings. I've seen gigs sell out in 2 minutes, only for eBay to then be flooded by touts selling them way over face value.

Ultimately, people who deliberately buy tickets for a gig that they've no intention of going to only to then sell them on eBay are evil. :evil:
SSSSS

Post by SSSSS »

As long as people will pay £100 for a ticket, people will sell a ticket for £100.
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

just bought one ticket for Brixton show on Recordstore, i hope there are still tickets left so i can go there to see Orbital again..
havent been in the UK for 2 or 3 years now, it would be nice to go there again and right away on the gig :)

and also bought some tickets for me and friends to Orbitals Czech gig in June. hope everything will go as planned and they realy will be the headlines on that festival!!
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

usernick wrote:Unfortunately, there will always be people who buy and selll tickets to make a profit, and if they can sell them for 100 quid, then I can't really blame them...

I don't believe that there's anything that can be done about it - it's allowed on ebay (unless a law is passed). The only way that tickets can't be sold is if you implement something like Glastonbury does, and that isn't really viable for small gigs.

Of course, the other option is to use e-tickets and have to show some kind of identification (with a photo), although I believe that they will accept things like utility bills, which of course could be anyones!

Such is life - moral of the story is to buy them when they first come out! :)
you better not sell my ticket :P
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Timbob wrote:you better not sell my ticket :P
Depends whether you bring some cigs with you in September or not...! :lol: :P

8)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

SSSSS wrote:As long as people will pay £100 for a ticket, people will sell a ticket for £100.
Touts are scumbags. End of...
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?