The Embryo - The Baby That Knew

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

TheEmbryo
Novice
Question: Orbital

The Embryo - The Baby That Knew

Post by TheEmbryo »

I've released my new album. It's called "The Baby That Knew" and you can download it from my website at http://www.theembryo.net.

I think it's much better than my previous album "Information" which some of you may have listened to when I plugged it here a couple of years ago.

It is of course totally free - please let me know your comments!

The tracks are:

Donuts
Probably the most dancey thing I've ever made, it features a sample from Full Metal Jacket. It actually derives from a remix of "Fix It", which appears later on the album.

Rubber Duck Stranded
Definitely the longest track I've ever made at over 11 minutes long. The idea is that it follows the adventures of a duck who has wandered a long way from the bath.

Apocalypse?
This features excerpts from the UK government's "Preparing for emergencies" tape.

Magic Number
An experiment.

Toys
I started this track a number of years back. I've rejigged it quite a bit, and it now features a sample of 1950's sex education record.

New View
I wrote this last year after helping my friend Ray move into his new flat. It has a nice view of the River Thames and I guess that's what this song reminded me of when I wrote it.

Fix It
I started trying to a cover of the theme tune for 70's/80's childrens TV programme "Jim'll Fix It". It didn't work out, but it did mutate into this tune which features a Richard Nixon speech. It shows how tunes evolve over time into something totally different from what you had in mind - even more so since a remix of this turned into the first track, "Donuts".

Pretty Colours
This is a remix of one of the first tracks I ever wrote, and features a sample of my sister as well as samples of me saying the names of colours in various silly voices.

We
I was playing with really short samples, and came up with this track which sounds like Aphex Twin.

Unknown
This features someone reading a poem about an American diner.

The Search Continues
This is the last track I wrote for the album, and fittingly enough it's at the end. It features me on vocals again, though it's fairly subtle this time.

To download the album, please click here.

Enough trumpet-blowing for now... I'd be very grateful for any comments!
Timbob
Monsters Exist!
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Timbob »

*downloads

free stuff! :D
will let you know.
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
TheEmbryo
Novice

Post by TheEmbryo »

Any thoughts....? :)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Timbob »

haven't listen to it a lot yet, but i like the first song, and the second part of the ducks amazing adventures :P

will have to listen to it some more, but i got so much new music to listen too :)
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
III
Sinner

Post by III »

Jee willikers - this is some good work right here Alex.

Favourites include Donuts, Toys, New View and Fix It.

When's the tour?
"And prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

*Tardis* Weeh WURRR

Phil: Hold on a minute...

Phil: Oh, that's better.. thankyou!