Autechre in Manchester

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

tezleyflahflah
Saint

Autechre in Manchester

Post by tezleyflahflah »

Just in case any of you lot are interested Autechre will be doing a live set 24 November at the old Boddingtons Brewery site. Check http://www.thewarehouseproject.com. There's some very exciting stuff going on there.
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

Ah, so *that's* the Boddington Festival (i.e. on the old brewery site)... Was trying to figure that one out... :)

Mr Loopz, are you going to this? 8)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Tez/Wend! you are top stars for letting us know about this.

Nick - i'm there mate! are u goin ?
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

some astonishingly good nights on there, shall certainly be in attendance for some of those sir
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

actaully...i can't see Autechre in the lineup for that night ?
stylustrouble
Adnan

Post by stylustrouble »

Loopz....they announced some additions to the line-up on the mail out,they'll probably update the site in the next day or two.
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Loopz wrote:actaully...i can't see Autechre in the lineup for that night ?
Check the 'News' section! :P

"23/08/06
Autechre to play The Warehouse Project
Autechre – Live
New event announced
Friday 24th November. Sequence’s second Warehouse Project event. This event takes place in the Racking Hall only, with a very special line-up. The Circus event runs simultaneously in The Box.

Alongside fellow electronic mavericks and Warp Records stable mates Aphex Twin and Boards Of Canada, Autechre stand out like supernovas amid one of music's customarily starless constellations. Not that you'll find the Sheffield-via-Manchester duo of Sean Booth and Rob Brown gracing the pages of Heat magazine any day soon. Shrewd, sphinx-like and fiercely protective of their music, they nonetheless remain tantalizing, even awe-inspiring enigmas.

Autechre playing a Manchester gig is big big news. The full line-up is still being put together, but will include some very special guests... "

And, yup, I'm definitely considering it! 8)
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Autechre in Manchester

Post by tezleyflahflah »

We always like to share our music info with those that will appreciate it.We won't be at the Autechre gig but we may well be in the room next door to it.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Coolio :) Well i will be up that night so maybe we should meet some some pop before it all kicks off 8)
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

Just heard that LFO have been added to the line up along with Massonix (Graham Masseys solo project).
We may well now be attending :)
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

Tez forgive me if i'm wrong, but it does appear Mr Lawler is on the same night at Autechre, still certain you and Mz Flah won't be there ?
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

tezleyflahflah wrote:Just heard that LFO have been added to the line up along with Massonix (Graham Masseys solo project).
We may well now be attending :)
Blimey, I'll definitely be up for that then - I'll have to get confirmation! 8)
ADD Basscadet

Post by ADD Basscadet »

Autechre is another great fave of mine.

Discovered Their first album Incunabula after looking up The Warp records site.

after being introduced by.

Deep and Chilled Euphoria ( 2001 ) Mixed by Red Jerry.

Autechre : Basscadet, beaumont hannant two mix, which happens to sound nothing like the Beaumont hannant two mix in the Warp site, probably because Red Jerry tampered with it.

Think of my Instability inside when after hearing a remix I suddenly had to get used to the origional, strange way of going about it, Remix first and origional later.

I now have there second album Amber now and it's a whole new animal, far more atmospheric and Tracks such as Foil and Piezo begin to break down, although piezo does have a gentler moment, Foil seems to die all over the place and is a great first track.
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

Hurrah! I've just moved house from the sunny confines of Brum to good ol' rainy Manchester, so this will soften the blow somewhat.

Will you be doing a meetup Loopz? Be good to find out who YOU LOT are...! :D
stylustrouble
Adnan

Post by stylustrouble »

Kagey wrote:Tez forgive me if i'm wrong, but it does appear Mr Lawler is on the same night at Autechre, still certain you and Mz Flah won't be there ?
They're running the two events seperately,which is a bit of a shame.

I'm hoping they might do a joint ticket so you can get in to both a bit nearer the time.