Primal Scream anyone

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

chemical_si
Novice
Question: Orbital

Primal Scream anyone

Post by chemical_si »

went to see prml scrm on wednesday at wolverhampton, wulfrum hall. thought they were amazing live. highlight for me was dancing to swastika eyes with this siren (plus watching all the pill heads at the biginning trying to stand steady in spot).

what are anybody's opinions of 'em. Has anybody else been to see them live?
shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by shadyboy »

Saw them in a tent at Glasgow Green a good few years ago - they are magic live
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

saw them in 2000 - think that would have been the xtrmntr tour? they played at rock city in nottingham, and their sound system was a beast :twisted: - after i'd been moshing away in the crowd for a while i decided i was too hot so the obvious solution was to crowdsurf my way to the front, then go stand in some space off to one side for a bit. worked well, there was a really refreshing breeze at the side. moments later i realized it was a breeze from the speaker stack, and my eardrums were trying to wrap themselves around my brain :lol:

mm wicked gig. i'd only recently been getting into primal scream, and loads of other stuff, via the university's cd library and my fellow filthy students - and had worked my way from screamadelica to the new xtrmntr - but i still got some nice surprises... didn't realize "rocks" was primal scream :roll: :lol:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by shadyboy »

New album is very good - more of a rock direction than last couple of LP's.
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

Seen 'em lots of times, and they're one of the best bands in the world when they're on form. Best gig was at Shepherd's Bush Empire about 5 years ago with Death In Vegas supporting. Absolutely mind-boggling show. Included a banging thrash metal acid house version of Higher Than The Sun.

Looking forward to seeing them in Hyde Park in July. 8)
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."