ulrich schnauss update

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

From a newsletter sent by Ulrich:

"hello, sorry for the continous lack of updates on the site – there simply hasn´t been that much to report: mainly concentrated on recording new material (hardly been doing any gigs, remixes etc.). however, here´s a few things that could be of interest...

_BELOW THE SEA COLLABORATION_
„stroll down memory lane“, a collaboration between canada´s finest below the sea and myself is available on their fantastic new album „blame“ http://www.belowthesea.ca

_„FAR AWAY“ RE-ISSUE_
the original issue of „far away trains passing by“ has been out of print for a while now – domino/us have offered to re-release the album. the package includes a bonus disc featuring all non-album, compilation songs i´ve released so far (except „you were the only one around“ – to compensate that there´s another „far away trains“ outtake called „sunday evening in your street“ on there). http://www.dominorecordco.com

_GIGS_
there´ll be at least two more gigs before the end of the year – judith and i will be playing club ac30 (at london´s water rats) towards the end of october, while i´ll be on my own for augsburg´s lab30 festival in early november. worth mentioning that both nights feature some truly excellent line-ups including bands like malory, sleepless, sennen (ac30) or xela, goldmund, khonnor (lab30). http://www.clubac30.com http://www.lab30.de

_SUMMER´S GONE 14_
01 longview: i want a reaction (14th floor)
02 daniel lanois: belladonna (anti)
03 guthrie/budd: mysterious skin ost (ryko)
04 camille: le fil (virgin)
05 songs of green pheasant (fat cat)
06 mark gardener: these beautiful ghosts (ufo)
07 ohler: hello mr ohler (website release)
08 port royal: flares (resonant)
09 portal: waves & echoes (make mine)
10 the race: raising children (shifty disco)
11 duke spirit: cuts across the land (loog)
12 mew: and the glass handed kites (evil office)
13 jimmy chamberlin: life begins again (sanctuary)
14 blind mr jones: spooky vibes (cherry red)

take care, u."
bliss

Post by bliss »

_„FAR AWAY“ RE-ISSUE_
the original issue of „far away trains passing by“ has been out of print for a while now – domino/us have offered to re-release the album. the package includes a bonus disc featuring all non-album, compilation songs i´ve released so far (except „you were the only one around“ – to compensate that there´s another „far away trains“ outtake called „sunday evening in your street“ on there). http://www.dominorecordco.com
:P Can't seem to find any ifno on the domino site though.
Last.fm - Planet Bliss on last.fm

Planet Bliss - SoundCloud - Chilled Electronic Music
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

bliss wrote:
_„FAR AWAY“ RE-ISSUE_
:P Can't seem to find any ifno on the domino site though.
Yeah, they don't seem to update their site that often! :P

Amazon.com, though, do list it here 8)
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

i'm coming on friday, see yous that are going there :)
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

the live show didnt do it for me i'm afarid, was too much like background music. although the munter and mister wobbly head seemed to enjoy it.
jessopjessopjessop
LC1

Giggy

Post by jessopjessopjessop »

Well I loved the gig on Friday!

A set of entirely new material, except the one track from 'Strangely Isolated', although I'd heard most of the new stuff on that Radio station someone linked a while back. I didn't realise Ulrich was such a good keyboard player - and he was really going for it in those last two tracks. I do understand what Phil meant though - some of it was very ambient and seemed to blend into a single warm swooshy sound, but I don't think the acoustics were that great in such a small room.

And of course, it was great to meet all you guys! Hopefully see you again sometime.

Adam
Fact x Importance = News
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

philmanns wrote:the live show didnt do it for me i'm afarid, was too much like background music. although the munter and mister wobbly head seemed to enjoy it.
Wobbly head! :roll

Yeah, the acoustics in the pub were probably not best suited to Ulrich's music, but still thoroughly enjoyed it, and at 6 quid a pot - very good value for money! :)

Good to see Sid, Phil, Jof, Rach & Cheese and Adam. I had a hangover the next morning, so it must have been good (although that could have been a result of headbutting Cheese!) :P
jessopjessopjessop
LC1

usernick wrote:I had a hangover the next morning, so it must have been good (although that could have been a result of headbutting Cheese!) :P
Yeah, I was a bit rough the next morning too - probably on account of getting there waaaay too early and staying on cider all night. Oof.

And here's the man himself:

Fact x Importance = News
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Ulrich confirmed for dj set on Loopz Broadcast on November 19th 2005. http://www.loopzorbital.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=632
schnuu
Novice

Far Away Santa Claus Is Passing By!

Post by schnuu »

Hi!

New Downloads available @ Ulrich's Site!

Message Section has been closed due spamming!

CHEERS!
jessopjessopjessop
LC1

Re: Far Away Santa Claus Is Passing By!

schnuu wrote:New Downloads available @ Ulrich's Site!

Damn your speed, Schnuu, I was just about to post the same!

I wondered about the message board. Maybe this will encourage them to set up a proper forum or something.
Fact x Importance = News
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Got the US double CD of "Far Away Trains..." earlier this week - fab stuff... Love the bonus CD as well :D
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

jessopjessopjessop wrote:
schnuu wrote:New Downloads available @ Ulrich's Site!

Damn your speed, Schnuu, I was just about to post the same!

I wondered about the message board. Maybe this will encourage them to set up a proper forum or something.
You've only just found out about them? They were up there on October! :lol: :P

(Should have mentioned that then, sorry...) :)
jessopjessopjessop
LC1

usernick wrote:You've only just found out about them? They were up there on October! :lol: :P
No way!

I dunno, you wait ages for new tracks then five come along at once. Just like women... I mean buses.
Fact x Importance = News
schnuu
Novice

Slowpoke

Post by schnuu »

Hi!

Homepage of Ulrich has been updated! But nothing really new! :?

Bought the Below The Sea Album to listen to "stroll down..."! Really Lushy one. Not his best work at all but suitable to his newer things!

CHEERS!