What LoGD is all about

Created for the players of the online game Legend of the Green Dragon. No real rules so please dont read if easily offended.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

stimpee
Saint
Question: Orbital

What LoGD is all about

Post by stimpee »

Having missed this forum completely and not knowing what this game is all about I thought there would be an FAQ sticky saying something about it and to encourage people to join. Not so. Anyway, being the sort of person who will search around for an answer rather than just give up I found a newbie's forum HERE.

More specifically there is a Beginner's Guide.

Then I wanted to find out what it looked like and found some screenshots here and here and here (in german!) and here.

It doesnt look spectacular and appears to be a knock off of another game called Legend Of The Red Dragon but I'll probably give it a go at some point. Reminds me of the old Ultima games in some ways.
knufjuf
LC1

Post by knufjuf »

Don't have too much fun stimpee!
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: What LoGD is all about

Post by Loopz »

stimpee wrote:Having missed this forum completely and not knowing what this game is all about I thought there would be an FAQ sticky saying something about it and to encourage people to join. Not so. Anyway, being the sort of person who will search around for an answer rather than just give up I found a newbie's forum HERE.

More specifically there is a Beginner's Guide.

Then I wanted to find out what it looked like and found some screenshots here and here and here (in german!) and here.

It doesnt look spectacular and appears to be a knock off of another game called Legend Of The Red Dragon but I'll probably give it a go at some point. Reminds me of the old Ultima games in some ways.
Encourage them to join ? If they need encouraging then they are just not for this game :)

Nah its nothing like Ultima online which is a game i played for over 2 years with Miss Poison Kitty :) UO is based on developing a series of characters in a multiple world. This character can develop in over 40 individual skills. There is just way too much depth to UO. Wish LOTGD was more like it to be honest.

I think you did what everyone did including myself. If you want to find out about something then go look for info. :wink: We use the original source but modify this and include over 100 additional modules (which are also configurable).

Legend of the Red Dragon was originally a BBS game. Some fans of the game decided to write a version that could be played online. The result can be found in many places on the web including here but like i said...this is very much configured differently to the rest.

To be honest anything anyone says will just spoil the game itself. If you want people to tell you answers to questions then again i dont think its a game for you. Thats the whole point of a MUD :) explore and find out...