For all you Plump Djs fans...

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Willsy
The Moebius
Question: Orbital

For all you Plump Djs fans...

Post by Willsy »

Just seen that the Plumps are doing the next cover cd for Mixmag out later this month...if its anything like the elastic breaks cd they did for the mag a few years ago its set to be another classic...cant wait! Roll on the 20th Nov! :D :D :D

http://www.plumpdjs.co.uk/pages/latest.asp?ID=85
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Acid Gaz
Sinner

Post by Acid Gaz »

Just getting into these guys properly (seen them a couple of times but didn't own any of their stuff until recently when I got 'Saturday Night Lotion' which is the BIZ).

Wot do you recommend as best CDs to buy?
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Well in my opinion you already have the best plump album to date and would recommend the next one you get is the debut album from a few years back called "a plump night out"

The 2nd album "eargasm" is also pretty good.

Alternatively the Fabriclive mix album they did is a stonker too!

Buy em all Gaz...you know it makes sense! :D
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"

Acid Gaz
Sinner

Post by Acid Gaz »

Cool, I'll take your advice. I think they are due to put out another Fabric release soon....
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Yeah i read that somewhere, but not for at least another 3 fabric releases i think, which equates to about 6 months seeing as each new release is two months apart :cry:

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Its a bit poor IMO.
Still a great article about auntie Madge and Stuart Price.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

Thought I'd give this CD a try, but Plump DJs are still in that area that just does my head in at the mo. They're getting closer and closer to the "glowstick breaks" of JDS, which is all just super-frantic honking hard house-style noise with tons of breakdowns for teenagers full of speed with no attention span.

A couple of good tunes though. The new Azzido Da Bass is good, and the Plump DJs tune from Wipeout Pure is definitely their best thing since Eargasm.

That Crystal Method mix of The Doors still makes me cringe every time though. Blurgh. Dreadful stuff.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

memly wrote:Its a bit poor IMO.
Still a great article about auntie Madge and Stuart Price.
what is poor? Is Mixmag already out?

Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

Yeah, it's out. The CD's nothing special though. Agree about the Stuart Price/Madonna feature - very nicely done.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

I have now bought Mixmag and got the free cd...have to say i disagree...it seriously rocks...esp that Dopamine track (first one on the cd)...i had the windscreen wiper on the rear window of my car vibrating all over the place yesterday!!! Pure Plumpy stuff!

Am seeing them at Fabric in a few weeks time so hopefully, as they say in the write up for the cd, they will open their set with this tune!

:D 8)