Christ. - Metamorphic Reproduction Miracle

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

RickySteamBoat
Saint
Question: Orbital

Christ. - Metamorphic Reproduction Miracle

Post by RickySteamBoat »

Has any one heard this album??
Christ. is well excellent. Lush IDM style tunage that has a similar style to BoC but still has still got enough uniqueness to set it apart.

Wonderfully beautiful music that must be heard to be believed.
oh, and the album art is brilliant too.....if you're into that kind of thing
The Pylonesque EP is also quite excellent.

ricky
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

i LOVE Christ. I dont know if you used to listen to the Loopz Net Broadcasts before but he did a live studio gig for one of them. I might have to dig it out and re-broadcast it if you havent.

If you get the chance to see live then give it a go. Seen him a few times and enjoyed them all. He is a rare electronica breed that actually plays the keyboard as opposed to twiddling knobs or just letting software take control.
trompurple
HOAX
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by trompurple »

Yeah.. tis a goodn. Preferred the pylonesque ep myself tho... Stunning Live 8)
Mashed Potatoes? Why do hate mashed potatoes? (It's a hoax, I don't really hate them)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Ricky - forgot to mention. You may know this already but he used to be a member of BOC hence why he has a similar style to BOC.
RickySteamBoat
Saint

Post by RickySteamBoat »

Mr Loopz: I seem to recall reading about that connection with BoC when i was reading up on him, before i picked up the album.

I have never heard the Christ web broadcast, as i was away travelling in Australia at the time (i was also away for Orbitals final irish gig too- but enough about that as it only upsets me :cry: ).

So, I'd love if you could dig it out and give it another public airing, it'd be great to hear it and would be very cool.

ricky
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Ok no probs. I will send him an email just to make sure he doesnt mind and get it scheduled in. Will announce when it will be :)
RickySteamBoat
Saint

Post by RickySteamBoat »

Mr Loopz: Excellent stuff. Be sure to give us all notice as to when its scheduled.

Actually speaking of him playing live, i remember the guy in the shop (where i bought the album) told me that he had played in Dublin (during my time abroad), in a really cool venue called the sugar club. He was supporting Schneider T.M. and was said to be brilliant!
I'm sorry i missed it.

ricky
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: ..

Post by Loopz »

RickySteamBoat wrote:Mr Loopz: Excellent stuff. Be sure to give us all notice as to when its scheduled.

Actually speaking of him playing live, i remember the guy in the shop (where i bought the album) told me that he had played in Dublin (during my time abroad), in a really cool venue called the sugar club. He was supporting Schneider T.M. and was said to be brilliant!
I'm sorry i missed it.

ricky
Oh yes i saw him on that tour in Stoke. I'm sure he will be doing more dates soon as he tends to follow Frog Pocket on mini tours at the moment. Ok will let you know when its being broadcast.
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Like the sound of this!! Am currently seeking out some of christs work.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK