Venetian Snares : Rossz Csillag Alatt Született

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

e-dwarf

Venetian Snares : Rossz Csillag Alatt Született

Post by e-dwarf »

Well this is one of the latest Aaron releases and I quite enjoy it.
This album is much more drill'n'bass oriented and there is a special mood in it. Actually this hungarian title meaning born under a bad star is representative of all the samples used, i.e eastern-europe strings mainly.
This gives a nostalgic, melancholic mood to this album that never appeared to me in previous VSnares albums, even in winter in the belly of a snake.
I don't remember an album mixing drill'n'bass and "sad but beautiful strings" and there it perfectly works. Those two ingredients are masterly arranged together, all the more than 3 minutes long tracks are epic.
I got this album a week ago and I've listened once or twice to it every single day. The only flaw is that it's too short !! 49:52 of this music is not enough, more please Mr Funk !!

[edited because of mispelling of "alatt", don't trust the planet mu website, only the title on the CD is OK]
nacmat
Saint
Question: Orbital

Post by nacmat »

I like this album, I have all the exisitng cds by snares, I love his crazy world

all I have:

PRINTF
MAKING ORANGE THINGS
*SONGS ABOUT MY CATS
*DOLL DOLL DOLL
HIGGINS ULTRA LOW TRACK GLUE FUNK HITS 1972-2006
237 0894
*A GIANT ALIEN FORCE MORE …
*WINTER IN THE BELLY OF A SNAKE
FIND CANDANCE
NYMPHOMATRIARCH
CHOCOLATE WHEELCHAIR ALBUM
HORSE AND GOAT EP
*HUGE CHROME CYLINDER BOX UNFOLDING
INFOLEPSY
WINNIPEG IS A FROZEN SHITHOLE
ROSSZ CSILLAG ALATT SZULETETT

(* = very recomended, for any music lover)
architecture is nothing but sex between light and space