Jamie Lidell - Sage Gateshead 4th Nov

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

tcb2000
Adnan

Jamie Lidell - Sage Gateshead 4th Nov

Post by tcb2000 »

I've heard good things about him - anyone been to his show? I'm dying to go to a gig in the Sage and was wondering if this would be worthwhile...?

Rich
Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Dog »

Go, but take a bib and something absorbant for when your jaw hits the deck and stays there...

If he's doing the same sort of show that I saw him do at Cargo a while back, he'll blow you away. You wouldn't think one man and a sampler could be SO cool...
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
stylustrouble
Adnan

Post by stylustrouble »

Has anyone been to the Sage Centre yet?They seem to be putting on some pretty decent stuff up there but have visions of it being a bit of an aircraft hangar,wondering what it was like as a venue :?:
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

Haven't been to a gig yet but went wandering around it yesterday - an aircraft hanger it ain't. That big snail thing isn't just it - it contains 2 concert halls, one rehearsal room, 5 bars, a restaurant, a cafe and a music school!

You could wander into the biggest hall, Hall 1, and it's completely wooden inside (so non-smoking then...!?) so your voice has no reverb at all - the acoustics must be amazing. Couldn't get into hall 2 (where Lidell is playing) but it's circular and constructed similarly I think...

Hmm...will have to see if the wife is feeling experimental enough to go to that then...!

Rich