Esem - Scateren: Finest free album u will download all year

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

Post by Loopz »

I played "b~ckbook" as the opener at the weekend and the producer of the show emailed me to say

"Subject: GREAT

first song!!
holy crap"

The first 2 tracks are corkers. The first one i wish was a bit longer because i remember G playing this at our music night and its one of those tracks that hits the right places straight away. The 2nd track "dispehrse" sounds so emotional - i cant really listen to it too much :)

I still need to listen to the album a few more times before i feed back in here though...
the PLA
Sinner
Question: Orbital

Post by the PLA »

FREE!!!!!! FREE!!!!!! FREE!!!!!!

How is it possible that music this good, this lovely, this emotional is FREE??? I listened to it all the way through three times now I believe & I really love it. The tracks aren't as dark sounding as the first two albums but it's still got that Esem style for sure. Some of the songs send me on a journey in my mind when I really get to sit & listen, yes they take me places.... Beautiful places mostly, some lonely or empty (or maybe I mean peaceful, I'll have to go again & see).

You can tell that "They lack finish, polish, post production, decent mixing, mastering, etc, etc, etc. (etc.), all the things they say make a professional record" but I really think I like it this way. It's left the beats & bass really powerful (Just below clipping at points) & makes some sounds jump out at you, things that an engineer probably would have undone when he compressed & normalized & mixed it all down.

I'm in love & will donate! I'll also continue to listen more & come back soon with a track by track break down/review.

My favorites so far.... #2 Dispehrse & #8 Sound Of Halo
OUT
OF
STEP
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

ok i'm really lame, but i'm just getting around to listening to this. 5 tracks in and it's great :D
dance your cares away, worries for another day