Bootleg Section

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Orbitalhound
Question: Orbital

Bootleg Section

Post by Orbitalhound »

What is the purpose of the bootleg section? I am not sure what you are considering the term "bootleg" to mean. And is it for Orbital songs or for songs by other artists?
-Sam Clark
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

The bootleg section was originally placed there with the idea of detailing what bootlegs (ie: recordings made of live gigs rather than bootleg mashups) but we have no plans to actually open it now.
Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Dog »

Doesn't surprise me, there are waaay too many live gig recordings floating around and not all of them are in the public domain, so to try and catalogue them would be a nightmare. Plus, it would just invoke loads of requests for live gig bootleg recordings and as I said, not all of them are easy to find on the P2P networks.

As for bootlegs/mashups of Orbital tracks... There are a few around, varying from incredibly dubious ones to proper club stompers. Being involved in the mashup scene, I do check any that I find out, but to be totally honest, I've yet to find many really amazing ones outside of what I've done.
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

lucky yours are so amazing eh? :P
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

Well, without wanting sound bigheaded, they are all in key, in time and are dancefloor proven too.

Some of the ones I've heard have been atrocious. Have a listen, if you think you can do better, send 'em to me and I'll let you know what I think...
"Gimme the sight to see
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

not knocking your tunes, just poking fun at your modesty :lol:

i don't really remember hearing any orbital boots actually out on the dancefloor apart from 'orbootal', which i thoroughly enjoyed when rennie p played it. i also picked one up called 'slush', which is a fairly standard breaks track with a sample from, surprise, lush. nothing spectacular but works.
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

mmm yeah obviously the ones i mentioned are just ones that have been pretty well available on vinyl, i haven't much investigated all those lurking out on that there binternet.
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

hippy dave wrote:not knocking your tunes, just poking fun at your modesty :lol:

i don't really remember hearing any orbital boots actually out on the dancefloor apart from 'orbootal', which i thoroughly enjoyed when rennie p played it. i also picked one up called 'slush', which is a fairly standard breaks track with a sample from, surprise, lush. nothing spectacular but works.
I had this conversation with someone the other week. I just pointed him in the direction of our website ;)
"Gimme the sight to see