Cricket anyone?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Cricket anyone?

Post by legspin »

So who has been watching the Ashes?
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I cant see the appeal. hate the game. Mate i work with listens to it on the radio at work. wtf :lol:
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

I personally love test cricket. A game that evolves over 5 days has a lot more room for subtlety, intrigue and occasional ultra-violence to play a part. The ninety minutes will never have time to allow for such finesse, and IMHO the way the game is played now it is much better value than the bloated, over-hyped and ultimately unsatisfying fodder that professional association football provides.
( In other words a quickie is a fun way to pass the time but it doesn't beat a properly executed long term seduction) :lol:

Also, it will give me the opportunity to stick it to a few aussie mates of mine who were insufferable at the start of the summer. 8)

Unfortunatly, this will be the last test cricket I will see for a while as I will not give Murdoch the steam off my piss
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Oh dont compare it football. its in a league of its own. The worlds greatest sport and the proof is in the pudding. I just dont like Cricket :roll:
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Sorry about this but, I don't fully understand your answer. You do mean soccer don't you?

The worlds greatest sport and the proof is in the pudding
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

its called Football :p
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Well I cant stand either of them :tongue
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

haha :) ok what do you like ?
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Hmm good question Steve. When it comes to sports I cant really think of anything I follow with any gusto.

I am quite partial to watching snooker (when I'm hungover!) but thats mainly because there are various coloured balls being knocked around a table at a slow pace and I am not really watching it for the right reasons :?

My mate tried to teach me the fundamentals of cricket; I ended up with a migrane.

I'm sure there are games out there that would capture my imagination, maybe I havent come accross them yet...
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

haha like the snooker comment :lol:

Football is the only sport i will actively watch but i will have a gander at other sports. There are a few that i just detest though...Cricket being one.
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Lads, lads, lads, just wait 'til ye see a game of hurling. It will blow ye away. :D
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I used to see a lot of that in a few clubs in Birmingham :)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Loopz wrote:I used to see a lot of that in a few clubs in Birmingham :)
he he.

Legspin - The Irish are not allowed to like cricket because you end up coming up with daft statements comparing cricket to 'making love to a beautiful woman' a la Swiss Toni. Both my grannies were/are half Irish, and they, true to stereotype, knew/know nothing about cricket.

Memly - People from Dorset are only allowed to play 'count your fingers' - hours of fun, but not really a spectator sport. I have no relatives from Dorset and, if I did, I wouldn't sleep with them.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

davemacfrombath wrote: he he.

Legspin - The Irish are not allowed to like cricket because you end up coming up with daft statements comparing cricket to 'making love to a beautiful woman' a la Swiss Toni. Both my grannies were/are half Irish, and they, true to stereotype, knew/know nothing about cricket.
:roll

True, I used to get beaten up 'coz of it when we first moved here, but I first liked cricket when I was a kid and we lived in Hertfordshire. Also my grandfather, a staunch republican who would write biased and defamatory letters to the local newspaper about how Gaelic Football was the sport of gods , could wax lyrical about Jack Hobbs and Hubert Sutcliffe and was able to discuss at length what was wrong with bodyline, so I have rather catholic tastes when it comes to sport

And Loopz, I know I said Hurling but it has nothing to do with drink :D
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Shinty is the sport of gods.....