An extremely dull question about background colours

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

FatRoland
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

An extremely dull question about background colours

Post by FatRoland »

Hello, you flipping sausages. I was prompted by the recent email to resurrect my old account - or rather start a new account coz I have no memory of my previous details.

Anyhoo, here's my dull question. Is there any way for me to change the skin of the forum so that it has a white rather than a black background? My ageing eyes can't take white (or green) on black for more than a few minutes at a time.

Told you it was dull. I promise to be more interesting from now on.
Electronic Sound columnist and wonky music blogger
www.FatRoland.co.uk
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: An extremely dull question about background colours

Post by Loopz »

not yet but i will implement some alternative colour schemes. I am a bit old skool and like the mainframe computer look ;)
FatRoland
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by FatRoland »

Thanks. No biggie. And yes, the old-skoolness is proper pleasing.
Electronic Sound columnist and wonky music blogger
www.FatRoland.co.uk
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I *think* you should be able to change your style. Just the defaults there but maybe be better and more pleasant to the eyes :)

let me know if you want me to install any in particular. happy to.
glionameghan
Anti Spam: ital

Post by glionameghan »

I'm sure the selection color can be changed, but I'm not quite sure exactly how. Sometimes it's an image, but that looks like a System Color to me. I don't have that particular skin. If you want to poke around, go into "Change skin colours" and click on the dropdown menu next to "Show me the skin colour presets" and select "Show me the defined system colours". Look for that particular color, I'd guess it might be "Selected Item" or "Menu Highlight". If you change anything make a note of what it is before you change it to test (it's amazing how quickly I can forget 3 numbers). (Do me a favor if you find it and let me know what it is - I don't have it in my notes ).

Or you can of course wait for someone who knows exactly what it is