Roll Call Forbidden Fruit 3/6/17

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Roll Call Forbidden Fruit 3/6/17

Post by legspin »

As the title suggests.

legspin
Heywood Jablomie
stargurl
wooter
Kagey
Rorbital
Wend'n'Tez
tbc2000
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Heywood Jablomie

Re: Roll Call Forbidden Fruit 3/6/17

Post by Heywood Jablomie »

I'm going. Considering getting the 2 day ticket, Aphex Twin headlining on the Sunday, haven't seen him since Brixton 1993.

I had all but given up on the reunion ever happening. The way Paul was referring to himself only in iterviews ("I did, I wrote, I think) and never as "We..." didn't convince me that Wonky-era Orbital was going to last.

Legspin, our paths crossed a couple of times in the intervening years when I saw Phil a drop a few killer sets in Dublin , and Paul's gig in Belfast that you reviewed (only just read it, haven't visited the forum in quite a while). I think you summed it up very well, I hung around and had a beer with Paul, it was weird to see just him and his tour manager pack up all his kit into an Orbital flightcase and head off into the night. The previous time I'd seen him was when they sold out the Albert Hall, FFS.

Anyway, exciting times ahead, just as long as we don't get wiped out in a nuclear Armageddon by the small-handed, orange-skinned halfwit across the Atlantic before the summer. Listening to the 6music news snippet today it looks like we are going to be the lucky ones to witness the 1st show of the newly-invigorated partnership. A rare honour indeed.
Don’t stand on the outside looking in, stand on the outside looking further out
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Salutations good Sir.
I loved that Belfast gig. I am bit sick I couldn't have stayed and getting sicker as time passes
Yes indeed, happy days and all that.
I was originally not going to bother when it was just Bon Iver confirmed but a friend asked me to go so I was thinking about. Then the Lads announced and it went from a Monday ticket to a weekend ticket. Bugger I said, bit of a waste but there will probably be nothing good on the Sunday. Now it seems like the best value for money ticket I've ever bought.

edit.
Gone and changed my mind again. I think I'll just get the Sat/Sun ticket.

edit pt2. Weekend ticket bought. Might still go to the Monday but at the moment I'm sated.
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

legspin
stargurl
wooter

I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday weekend!
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

Rumour has it
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Kagey wrote:Rumour has it
Groovius Maximus
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

That was far harder work than it should have been to accidentally fail in the purchase button, Saturday ticket acquired

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
Robital

Post by Robital »

Hi all, first time poster, long time reader of this forum.

First got into Orbital in 1996 when my Mum threw a party and someone left a tape of In-Sides on the kitchen table, once I heard TGWTSIHH I was hooked.
Haven't missed an Orbital or Phil show on these shores since my first Orbital gig which was at shitty Oxegen in 2004.

Sickeningly, the last time Phil played here I went home straight after and Phil ended going back to my old house with my old housemate and partied there til morning. I couldn't believe it when my mate told me on the Monday...

Will be front and centre for Forbidden Fruit and looking forward to it!
" D'ya think your ready for that much power.... you lot? You lot? Cheeky bastards!"
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

Me. I will be there.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

One week to go! :D
81020xegw

Post by 81020xegw »

Hi - another first time poster , long time reader .

Looking forward to this , will be travelling over via holyhead to dublin on the 08:55 ferry and catching the 02:15 ferry back . Seems a long time since Glastonbury 2010 not alone the Deptford free festival back in the day .

Any ideas on anything to do pre and post festival ?
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

81020xegw wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:17 am Hi - another first time poster , long time reader .

Looking forward to this , will be travelling over via holyhead to dublin on the 08:55 ferry and catching the 02:15 ferry back . Seems a long time since Glastonbury 2010 not alone the Deptford free festival back in the day .

Any ideas on anything to do pre and post festival ?
It's a bank holiday weekend here so there should be loads to do. On the festival website there is a list of who's doing what after party but even if you don't fancy any of that there will be a great buzz around the town. If you haven't been here before you check out a few of the touristy things in the city centre. Dublin is small enough to walk around. It's about half an hour's walk from the city centre to the venue and you'll pass Christchurch cathedral and the Guinness factory on the way out. Within the complex of the venue is the Irish Museam of Modern Art. Just stay away from Temple Bar. The price of drink is aimed at fleecing tourists....
Heywood Jablomie

Post by Heywood Jablomie »

There's also the Riverfest over the bank holiday weekend, with tall ships, power boats and all sorts of nautical shenanigans taking place. In typicalIrish fashion there's been bugger all advertising of the event, the first I knew of it was looking out of my office window and watching what appeared to be the Spanish Armada sailing up the Liffey.

You've also seen there's an Orbital DJ set at a restaurant called Tengu after FF, going on until 3?

Enjoy the day everyone. I might have met some of you when Orbital played the Tripod in Dublin in 2009, I've met Legspin at a few events since and since he's rather a conspicuous, character I may well find him in the crowd.
Don’t stand on the outside looking in, stand on the outside looking further out
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

Well that was abit alright wasn't it!

Pleasure to meet 81020xegw on the Ferry, shame you didn't say boo a little earlier :roll: