explosions in London

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Dollydagger
Open Mind
Question: Orbital

Post by Dollydagger »

This is my worry too Legspin. There must be no back-lash on the muslim community here. People of all colours, ethnicities & religons were injured & killed yesterday. One of the best things about London is it's harmonius diversity.
Don't let a few extremist madmen cloud your views people...
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
kazeo
Novice

Post by kazeo »

Really glad to hear people from here are okay after yesterday. For most of you I couldn't remember who lived or worked in the city or whether you'd be liable to be in the area at the time, but you're all okay which is brilliant.

I found out that my sister is okay too, being in the south of France at the moment.

For anybody caught in the blast, either through being there or from having loved ones there, I truely feel for them. Otherwise, from hearing how efficiently the emergency services dealt with the situation, and how calmly the public responded, I can only have admiration.
Turnipfish

Post by Turnipfish »

Just checking in. Glad to hear you're all okay.
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

tammy, whats that animal growing out of your ear in the avartar pix!!!

its been a week since ... how are ya'all?
in planet hot [singapore that is], its been raining and some are afraid to take the MRT (that's our tube) but i just took the Mrt from Changi airport after some popeye chicken n biscuit. Security check everywhere....
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

angrylittlesoldier

Post by angrylittlesoldier »

How much would i like some popeye chicken right now - mmmmmmmmmmmm tasty.

and chicken laksa washed down with bubble tea and ice kerchang to finish.

sounds like the whole world is a little nervous after the last few weeks.
III
Sinner

Post by III »

Here are profiles of each of the four bombers. It's strange to think about it when their lives are spoken about as just 4 fairly normal people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4678837.stm
"And prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

*Tardis* Weeh WURRR

Phil: Hold on a minute...

Phil: Oh, that's better.. thankyou!
Pooka
Adnan

Post by Pooka »

Yes, well thats why they did the job and killed 54 people.
Nobody suspected them of being capable of doing something like this but they did, so their family and friends are going to have to live with it, just like those who knew Richard Reid and the others.
You look real great.
In bloodstains.
Pooka
Adnan

Post by Pooka »

Its going off again.
This is fucking ridiculous.
My best mate was on the train and they're saying its a nail bomb.
One of the stations I work at has been closed. This is just too much.
You look real great.
In bloodstains.
stargurl
Geography group B
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by stargurl »

WTF. :(

CNN
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Emergency services personnel are attending three different Tube stations in central London following reports of "incidents," police said on Thursday.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson told CNN that Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations had all been evacuated.

There are no reports of any casualties at this stage, sources told the UK Press Association.

London Underground confirmed that services on three lines -- Victoria, Northern and Hammermith and City -- were suspended following the incidents, according to PA.

No further information is yet available. Passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke but police could not confirm this.

One Victoria Line passenger said a traveler's rucksack exploded on the Tube outside Warren Street station.

Ivan McCracken told Sky News: "I was in a middle carriage and the train was not far short of Warren Street station when suddenly the door between my carriage and the next one burst open and dozens of people started rushing through. Some were falling, there was mass panic.

"It was difficult to get the story from any of them what had happened but when I got to ground level there was an Italian young man comforting an Italian girl who told me he had seen what had happened.

"He said a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage."

The reports came two weeks to the day since bombs on three Underground trains in London and a double-decker bus killed 56 people including four bombers.
BBC
Emergency services have been called to three Tube stations after "incidents", Scotland Yard said.
Police confirmed they had been called to Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations.

There have been reports of smoke coming from two of the stations and all three have been evacuated.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City. There are no reports of any casualties.

Police also confirmed that emergency service personnel have responded to reports of an incident on a route 26 bus in Hackney Road.

A spokesman for London Underground said the nature of the incidents was unknown.

One hospital, near Warren St station, has started its emergency plan.

Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning.

"Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

But a BBC reporter outside Warren St station said there was no sign of smoke outside.
little twin star
Sinner

Post by little twin star »

jezus.. mel.. is your mate ok??

there is always a little flat in holland where u can have some rest if u want to

keep me posted hun xxx

ps custard.. thats me webcam
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

tammy ahahaaa... so i see. it looks like a funky puppy!
think its high time i see the eye doc about my astigmatism ... maybe i need bifocals?

ps timmmeh!
u had popeye chix @ changi last time?
bubble tea is close to being extinct here in planet hot but there's still a boba tea shop in clementi central in my town. Just a S$1 for a cuppa. ;)

can i send u some hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

custard99
Omen

Post by custard99 »

timmeh, u oughta open a boba tea shop in london!

Kvagga
Omen

Post by Kvagga »

This thing was terrible. :( When I heard about it, I immediately wondered if the forum lot was okay. Glad to hear you're all fine. :) I managed to miss a bomb attack in one of the cities I was in Turkey by a week or so too, and all the tourist resourts had guards with metal detectors in the biggest malls and clubs after that.
little twin star
Sinner

Post by little twin star »

cuzzie - a funky puppy? u are crazy girl! ;)