CD and iTunes Differences?

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

DMPugh
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

CD and iTunes Differences?

Post by DMPugh »

Purchased Wonky over iTunes yesterday (currently the only way to purchase the album). Previously I had a flac version of Wonky (I know, I know, it's bad, but I always intended to buy the album) ripped from a retail cd. On that version (which is what I'm assuming most of you have), Stringy Acid starts with the 4/4 beat. On my iTunes version, it begins with the Stringy Acid segue from the end of Distractions. This instantly reminded me of the Canadian (possibly US) version of Brown, where Impact actually fades out and then Remind starts as usual (which was always very curious, since Impact blends so smoothly into Remind, possibly an error?) Obviously the Wonky instance isn't quite the same, as the overall sound of the album remains identical. It's curious nonetheless.

I haven't decided which I prefer. It does feel like I have the "complete" Stringy Acid on my version, but I did rather like it as a segue at the end of Distractions, even if it felt slightly out of place.

I believe this is the only difference between the two versions. Has anyone spotted anything else?
Pirtek
Sinner

Re: CD and iTunes Differences?

Post by Pirtek »

Distractions doesn't mixed into Stringy Acid on vinyl at all.
Has anyone spotted anything else?
Well, you know about the Never issue don't you? :)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

Maybe it's because in iTunes you can buy separate songs, and the stringy intro makes the song more complete? Something like that maybe :)

And what's with the never thing?
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3077&start=30

Go about half way down on page 2 and you'll see :)