Paul lost his cool .... Went a bit wonky!

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

Lobe
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Paul lost his cool .... Went a bit wonky!

Post by Lobe »

Don't know if anyone else noticed this at Manchester but during chime one of the synths didn't appear to be working and Paul was not a happy bunny. After some frantic button pushing the offending instrument seemed to be dead. One of the tach guys came on and tried to get it started but to no avail. He then seemed to get some serious ear bashing from Paul before walking off stage. Paul then tried again to get it going but nothing doing. He finally accepted it wasn't playing ball and carried on. This whole episode seemed to last for a couple of minutes and definitely distracted my attention from the track.
Also earlier in the gig Paul seemed to be gesticulating to phil during another track to push the levels up. After a short period of doing this and not getting the reaction he wanted he walked over altered whatever it was that was bothering him and then went back to position. On doing this the level on one of the parts definitely increased in volume.
Anyone else notice any of this.
I suppose with so much high tech gear on stage there is always chance of gremlins getting in the system with so many possibilities where the problem could be it could be almost impossible to sort out in the middle of a track.
stranstringulon
Anti Spam: orbital

Re: Paul lost his cool .... Went a bit wonky!

Post by stranstringulon »

I must have been too far back to see that. Wasnt sure at the start if the sudden death of everything was intentional or something happened with either the kit or some sort of sound limiter think had kicked in though.
memly
Meltdown
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

When we saw them in Cambridge, they lost everything in Chime for a few minutes, only the drums were coming through. Paul then shrugged at the crowd and then a guy ran on did something and it was all back.

I do like the odd glitch... proves they are not just up there playing Solitaire.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

They were having problems with a preset on one of the synths to phils right at Leeds meaning they started straight sun again. It was only 30 seconds in but amusing nontheless
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

Well they started Manchester with a glitch didn't they?! When they were still saying hello something PARPED! loudly much to the crowds amusement. I must admit I didn't notice the 'Chime' shenanigans. I must have been jigging about too much. I do recall the tech guys being onstage with a torch a few times though. Didn't seem to massively affect the music I must say. Which bit of 'Chime' disappeared?

I do notice that Paul quite often leaves 'his side' these days to tweak something - you never get Phil wandering over to the sequencing area!

I must say that the mix for the opening of 'One Big Moment' is still all over the place - synths way too quiet, narration samples too loud and the nice melodys in the rest of the track often lost in the crushing volume. It was like this at both Manchester and RAH in my opinion.