GLASGOW O2 ACADEMY - PLEASE DONT GO BACK!

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

Dirk Bigler
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: orbital

GLASGOW O2 ACADEMY - PLEASE DONT GO BACK!

Post by Dirk Bigler »

Went with my mate to see Orbital on Saturday, arrived early as also wanted to see the Japanese Popstars.

We got stopped at the door by Security and the guy stared right at as both, face right up against our faces.

"How many beers you had lads?"

"A couple" we replied.

"Give me a number" he said.

"About three or four?"

We were then told to go and drink some water and have a coffee and come back later. We tried to argue that there was nothing wrong with us and did he want us to walk in aline or something. The guy told us that he wasn't saying we were'nt getting in, just to have a couple of waters.

We eventually got in 10 minutes before Orbital came on.

We met other people in the Cafe and spoke to people afterwards who had the same thing happen to them. This happened to lots of people!

We weren't drunk and the security were very intimidating.

Orbital - If you read this, please never go back to that venue. The Corn Exchange in Edinburgh would be perfect (or the Barrowlands!)

Apart from the bad start, Orbital were fantastic! Best gig I have seen from them.
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: GLASGOW O2 ACADEMY - PLEASE DONT GO BACK!

Post by usernick »

That's bizarre - I've turned up there and nearly fallen over as I stepped through the doors - they must have changed since then! :P

8)