Leftfield: Tourism

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

Vadertech
Novice
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Leftfield: Tourism

Post by Vadertech »

Anyone else notice this sneaking in under the radar. Seems Neil has put together a live album from the recent Australian tour and released it March 21st. It's listed as being 2 discs of music and a DVD of live visuals to go along with it. All i heard from the tour was what I could find on YouTube, and that sounded great despite being filmed mostly on cellphone.

I currently have this on order and Wonky on preorder from amazon UK since apparently the DVD version of Tourism is not releasing in the US. Anyone else as excited as I am for Leftfield and Orbital releases 2 weeks apart? IMO, top two bands of all time, period.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TOURISM-Leftfie ... 178&sr=8-5
Shanky, shanky Jose!
thehitcher
Novice

Re: Leftfield: Tourism

Post by thehitcher »

Yeah I can't wait for tourism next week. They were brilliant on their last tour!Were you going to go to the gig in ny? Shame it got cancelled. Also faithless live DVD of the last concert from Brixton was out this week,leftfield and chemical brothers dont think next week, followed a week later by wonky and the Leeds gig :D
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Hmm this definitely flew in under the radar.

Cool, with have to get my hands on this too 8)
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

This came out a couple of weeks ago in Australia and I managed to get hold of it. The DVD wasn't mastered very well (gaps between each video clip) which ruined listening to the live set. Told Leftfield about it via Facebook and they weren't happy. They were going to look into it. If anyone grabs the UK version can you let me know if the DVD has been fixed?
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
Vadertech
Novice

Post by Vadertech »

Badger,

I remember hearing that on their facebook page and I guess Neil said he would get a hold of the production company and see if it could be remastered. I have the cd + dvd version on preorder so I will check it out once it arrives sometime next week and let you know if it truly was fixed.
Shanky, shanky Jose!
BombJack

Post by BombJack »

I saw that tour as well in Glasgow - seriously good gig.
Right up there - nice reworkings of old classics.
And that intro always makes me smile -is that an alphorn?
Is the DVD worth getting? I've just been giving it some heavy rotation via spotify - haven't bought it yet...
Vadertech
Novice

Post by Vadertech »

Just got the double album+dvd in the mail today. As far as I can tell, the audio and video quality on the DVD are top notch. It appears whatever problem they had with the Australian released was fixed in this release. The DVD is all visualizations with the album laid over the top. Very high quality, nice for some private raving in the living room as I'm doing at the mo. I love the packaging as well. I can only hope this means another album may be on the way soon.
Shanky, shanky Jose!