Wonky Promo

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

Re: Wonky Promo

Post by Loopz »

anyone with a promo - dont upload. Last thing we need is a forum encouraging this kind of behaviour. Please take it elsewhere before you get my website into trouble.
evilous
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by evilous »

That's right Loopz, the post that You've replied to made me log in. Maybe I'm not an active user on this forum but I wholeheartedly love it not only for being the Orbital's professional first-hand info source but it's one of very few forums where rules are obeyed and good manners count. I follow it every week, every month, every year - along with the loopz website since 2002, and it never came to my head to visit this forum with the intention to only grab (or even think of it) any of Orbital's official releases. But it seems a few people registered here for the obvious reason...
Huuuuge respect, Mr. Price, keep up the good work :) Cheers.

for those who want to listen legally before 2.04 http://www.junodownload.com/products/wonky/1934860-02/
Last edited by evilous on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vvt23
Novice
Anti Spam: orbital

Post by vvt23 »

Wise words.

Although frustrating, cos i want to hear it, i'm glad it hasn't leaked yet. Its all about the anti..

cipation .

:D
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

anyone who got a copy of Wonky Promo can write me, if the CD is classical 'silver', what i get on general releases with some numbers and codes,
or is it 'green' burned CD-rom with no codes whatsoever??

i have a copy form eBay, from US and the orange colour of cardboard is strong and the CD is more lighter orange, and also its on ordinary CD-rom.
the cardboard is pretty original, but the disc dont seem to me.

and i realy dont know what 'water marked' is, but that number of a copy in a black is the same as other black section of the CD print. nothing special..
ACE_SEE

Post by ACE_SEE »

@Kyblik - check this link here http://www.discogs.com/Orbital-Wonky/release/3437878
Mine is a green backed CDr, most promos are!
Watermarking is just a way of preventing piracy.

If its any consolation your item seems genuine.
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

ACE_SEE wrote:@Kyblik - check this link here http://www.discogs.com/Orbital-Wonky/release/3437878
Mine is a green backed CDr, most promos are!
Watermarking is just a way of preventing piracy.

If its any consolation your item seems genuine.
yep, i looked on discogs and it seems its stronger orange on carcboard case, lighter on cd, but still :)
anyway, whats that water marked, what it should do, or looks like??
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

i now know what is watermarked, just had to translate it correctly to find out i know it in my language :)
but i cant find any watermark indication on the cd, should i look by some special light or something??

edit: or the number of copy should be water marked?? the black number IS maybe different from the black O..
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Kyblik wrote:i now know what is watermarked, just had to translate it correctly to find out i know it in my language :)
but i cant find any watermark indication on the cd, should i look by some special light or something??

edit: or the number of copy should be water marked?? the black number IS maybe different from the black O..
Nah, the watermark (in this case) is something that they add to the music to make it unique to that CD - i.e. if you were to encode it to an MP3, the record company could decipher it (by looking at the code) and work out who that promo was sent to...

It's basically a method to try to stop promo CDs being uploaded to the internet file sharing sites - don't know whether it works, however - early methods (by using drop-outs or by saying something like "for promo use only" every 2 minutes) just made journalists not review that album and throw the CD away! :lol:

8)