Straight Sun.

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Pirtek
Sinner
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Straight Sun.

Post by Pirtek »

Straight Sun is my least favourite of what I've heard so far, but it's still a good track IMHO :)
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Turnipfish wrote:I kinda like Straight Sun but it feels about as straight-down-the-line as Orbital go, I think I'd prefer it if there was a bit more melodic progression but it's enjoyable enough. I've heard from an (unbiased) reliable source that the album is amazing though, and the second half is where it really takes off.

Never is by far my favourite of the three I've heard so far. Not really feeling New France, it's stadium-sized in all the wrong ways, especially the chorus. Weird, as I'd thought Orbital and Zola Jesus would be perfect for one another.
You've pretty much nailed how I was feeling.
Nice to know that this reliable source rates the new album. Very reassuring 8)
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
sinner
Saint

Post by sinner »

Turnipfish wrote:Never is by far my favourite of the three I've heard so far. Not really feeling New France, it's stadium-sized in all the wrong ways, especially the chorus. Weird, as I'd thought Orbital and Zola Jesus would be perfect for one another.
It's interesting, for me Never is the least favourite from the 3 new tracks. :) Not a bad song, but it's too simple for Orbital. Although the starting sounds are good, it reminds me of Way Out --> (one of my all time fav Orbital tracks).

New France again, not a bad song like Straight Sun, but actually none of them are really big songs. :( I hope the album has real bangers! New France is the least Orbital-sounding song of their discography.
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

I think all these tracks will sound better when we here the album as a whole.