Orbital and Angelo Badalamenti – Beached (sample)

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

bozboy
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Orbital and Angelo Badalamenti – Beached (sample)

Post by bozboy »

I don't get this... the samples in this track are from Leonardo DiCaprio voice in "The Beach"

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it's not some place you can look for. Because it's not where you go. It's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something. And if you find that moment... It lasts forever..

I've seen this movie like 5/6 times.. but this part: "For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before."

isn't in the movie.not even in the deleted scenes.

so where is this taken from?
Pirtek
Sinner

Re: Orbital and Angelo Badalamenti – Beached (sample)

Post by Pirtek »

Don't expect an answer anytime soon. Nobody ever seems to take much interest on here anymore. I've sent PM's and not got any replies. :(
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I don't know the answer to be honest :)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

My guess is Leonardo was asked to do the whole text in the sound booth and they did some cutting and pasting afterwards as a voice-over in the movie.

After that, orbital probably got the whole raw sound file, and used all of it.

That line might be in the book or something, but I never read it, and they thought it didn't fit in the movie.

These are all just speculations, but it sounds like a logical explanation to me :P
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses