Amsterdam Melkweg...

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Badger
Doctor Look Out
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Amsterdam Melkweg...

Post by Badger »

My Mum has said that my Liverpool and Manchester tickets have shown up so far. Not the rest yet though.
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
Leystan

Post by Leystan »

I'm there.

Gig tix booked.
Flight tix booked.
Accommodation.....hhmmmmm. Not booked. Any suggestions for an apartment type place to stay in AMS? Suitable for 3 blokes?
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Melkweg e-tickets have arraived but not Albert Hall.

Never stayed in an Amsterdam apartment. We're staying in the Tulip - e89.00 for a double room.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

A load of us stopped in an apartment type thing in Amsterdam back in 2001ishh. It was really good value and comfortable. The night before we stopped in a hostel type setup...the complete opposite. good times :)
dj_mosquito

Post by dj_mosquito »

in April most apartments/houseboats require a three night stay. if you can't do thurs/fri/sat or fri/sat/sun a hotel is best. at least from my experience over the last three years. i'm staying in an apartment off Nieuwmarkt Square this year. the group of us are debating a second in the building (they have a total of 7 apartments). i've stayed on a houseboat as well. its all a matter of how late you can be out, desire for gvb usage, and the ability to walk.

on saturday a group of us are headed to keukenhof for a bit. anyone going to the show friday night should seriously consider doing so as well. i personally can't think of a better way to spend the following day. but that's me.

anyways, 3 blokes in AMS for a weekend is three nights right?
Leystan

Post by Leystan »

Hi DJM. We are there for 3 nights ;)
dj_mosquito

Post by dj_mosquito »

well i got our apartment through this place this year. last year i used a different company (can't find a url) and we were right off Warmoesstraat by Cafe Baba and Greenhouse Effect. the year before we stayed on a houseboat i rented through houseboathotel, specifically this houseboat. the disadvantage with that one was that we were about a 5-10 minute walk from the Zoutkeetsgracht stop which meant no tram if you were out late (nightbus still ran there from ceentral though). the year before that i was stayed in the tulip inn (changed names since then though and that room was weird). you can also look at vrbo as well. i personally try to stay somewhere near an albert heijn so i can do most meals in the apartment. i haven't found really anything special in ams when it comes to food. well the wife has, but its the pastries and i can't live on those 24/7.

anyways, pretty much thurs, fri, and sat nights Leidseplein is packed with people since its pretty much where most of the clubs, etc are located. if that's what you are looking for, then stay near there. otherwise the closer to centraal the better has been my experience.

but i can't stress how just amazingly awesome it is to go to keukenhof: 2009, 2010, 2011. surely there's a way to get phil & paul to go saturday. right?
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

My tickets for the Leeds gig came today! :D 8)
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

memly wrote:I'm really looking forward to Cambridge, although I must say I have never been there...

Has anybody recieved their tickets yet?

Also does anybody have any ideas on what to do in Cambridge on a Monday night??
I'm still waiting for the Crowd surge lot to get their asses in gear for my Cambridge ticket. The RAH had it out to me within a month of ordering it. Considering the fuck-ups I've had with ordering tickets from the UK. before, I will be sweating like a priest in a playground until it arrives. I know they said 2 weeks before-hand but that doesn't leave alot of time before the gig for the fuck-up correction. It will have to get to me at least five days before the gig or it won't get to me at all because of Bank holidays and other things.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

legspin wrote:
memly wrote:I'm really looking forward to Cambridge, although I must say I have never been there...

I'm still waiting for the Crowd surge lot to get their asses in gear for my Cambridge ticket. The RAH had it out to me within a month of ordering it. Considering the fuck-ups I've had with ordering tickets from the UK. before, I will be sweating like a priest in a playground until it arrives. I know they said 2 weeks before-hand but that doesn't leave alot of time before the gig for the fuck-up correction. It will have to get to me at least five days before the gig or it won't get to me at all because of Bank holidays and other things.
I'll also be doing Cambridge and I haven't received either that or the RAH tickets yet... As for the other tickets, CrowdSurge charge a fortune for postage and then just stick a first class stamp on it - shocking... :x

8)
dj_mosquito

Post by dj_mosquito »

i'm still waiting on my tickets for the melkweg to arrive. they said they would arrive here in the states prior to be leaving. i was a bit upset i couldn't do will call honestly.
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

usernick wrote:
legspin wrote:

I'll also be doing Cambridge and I haven't received either that or the RAH tickets yet... As for the other tickets, CrowdSurge charge a fortune for postage and then just stick a first class stamp on it - shocking... :x

8)
It cost me £2 for the RAH tiickets in postage to me here. It's costing me almost £8 on top of my Cambridge ticket from Crowd surge to post to the Rep. of Ire. They would want to come in a velvet lined, air conditioned box for that to be worth it.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Who did you buy the RAH tickets from Rich ?
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Loopz wrote:Who did you buy the RAH tickets from Rich ?
Directly from the RAH itself. I just got a quicker response from them on the first morning of general sale. I couldn't believe how much cheaper the postage was.
I did find it funny that it was cheaper to post a ticket to Afghanistan than to the Rep. of Ire. with Crowdsurge.

(edit)
I just went back and checked the two reciepts.
RAH booking fee and postage £2.60
Crouwdsurge booking fee and postage £10.91
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Rich, someone maybe in touch with you to clarify your details. :)