ORBITAL - "Never"

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: ORBITAL - "Never"

Post by memly »

I think the album version sounds really flat the first half, I need to do a direct A/B comparison, but the pad that swells up in the intro also sounds different if I recall correctly. I think there is more reverb on the snare in the soundcloud version, for me it make the percussive elements sit better in the mix.
I might do what Pirtek has done and swap my album version for the d/l.

I am in the process of doing a Memly extended mix of "Where is it Going" aswell so I dont have to breakdown in tears every time I hear it screaming at the sky "Why does it have to end now god damn you!!!!!!"
Hoping to clock it in around the 10 min mark if I can.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Dielinquent

Post by Dielinquent »

Thats funny stuff,

I made an extended version of Beelzedub coz in my opinion some parts are way too short. Also made the first minute of Never louder.
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I love Beelzedub the way it is, any longer and I think my ears would bleed, but thats my issue with loud music!

Hmmm, good call on Never, but did you alter the Album version or the download? The Album version does lack a decent volume when I listen to it in the car.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
TheEmbryo
Novice

Post by TheEmbryo »

Modified Orbital tracks, sacrilege!

Although I did have fun once upon a time looping the crazy synth outro on the DVD version of Monorail for a pleasingly long time.
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

I might do what Pirtek has done and swap my album version for the d/l.
Yeah all said and done, the download version makes the album flow just that little bit better.
Eis-T

Post by Eis-T »

That extended Beelzebub edit looks interesting, do you mind sharing it?