ORBITAL - "Never"

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: ORBITAL - "Never"

Post by usernick »

It's not all seated - there are standing tickets, but obviously the pre-sale sold out pretty damn quickly... Also, the pre-sale webpage (after you've bought tickets) takes you back to a flight webpage (Orbital.com)! :lol:

So, I'll try for either a box or standing on Friday... Failing that, ebay... :roll:

8)
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

With the box we had in 96 we moved the chairs to the back of it and danced like loons in it with these mad american guys...brilliant fun
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
maus

Post by maus »

this track is so epically fantastic to me. THIS is the orbital i have been missing! cannot wait for the new album!
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

I really like the video to Never. Is it available in Hi Res?
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

My wife and I are going to the Leeds gig! :D Can't wait!!!

Really enjoying the track "Never". It's soooo good. Really like the track in the background of the part 14 diary as well 8)
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

Listen to the album version and the free download one and you'll hear a difference in the first minute and a half.

The album version sounds alot more flat compaired to the download version (which IMO sounds a bit better).

Thoughts anyone? :nerd
nightfloat

Post by nightfloat »

Whoa, I thought that just had to do with my iTunes rip of the album or something... the difference is real then?
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Yeah I noticed this too Paul, and I agree the download version sounds fuller.

Quite odd isnt it!
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

Yeah, definitely fuller sound (on my mp3 player I've replaced the album version with the download one).
Carpathian

Post by Carpathian »

Pirtek wrote:Listen to the album version and the free download one and you'll hear a difference in the first minute and a half.
When you say "free download one" do you mean the audio to the video or was there an actual MP3 free release around the same time?

Yes, I'm equally nerdy and now want to hear/compare both! :mrgreen:
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Carpathian wrote:
Pirtek wrote:Listen to the album version and the free download one and you'll hear a difference in the first minute and a half.
When you say "free download one" do you mean the audio to the video or was there an actual MP3 free release around the same time?

The version they had up on soundcloud, I suppose you can just stream it to hear the difference.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Carpathian

Post by Carpathian »

memly wrote:
Carpathian wrote:

The version they had up on soundcloud, I suppose you can just stream it to hear the difference.
Ah, that one! I tend to download any freebie that comes out as a lot of them tend to die, vanish or get pulled as time rolls by.
I think I did grab that but I'll be back on tonight to check!

Ta for the info.
TheEmbryo
Novice

Post by TheEmbryo »

I definitely noticed that it sounded different. The da-das are quieter in the album version. I'm getting used to this "official" version now but it was slightly jarring at first having got so used to the previous one!

(On a similar note I also noticed that the mastering of Belfast seems different on Orbital 20 - the clap sounds which fade in around 0:50 seem louder than other versions :nerd)
DMPugh

Post by DMPugh »

That's funny - when I first heard the album version, I sensed that something was different with that first minute and a half or so, but I didn't bother to compare the two.

I actually prefer the album version, myself. It makes the impact of the moment the song truly picks up far more substantial. The free download version just sounds a little too "large" right off the top (for lack of a better word).
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

It makes the impact of the moment the song truly picks up far more substantial. The free download version just sounds a little too "large" right off the top (for lack of a better word).
I do know what you mean, when you put it like that! That's proberly what they thought so changed it.

But I still prefer the free download version. :P