Planet Of The Shapes sample?

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

WhiteNoise
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Planet Of The Shapes sample?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey, I'm WhiteNoise, I've been a fan of Orbital for about two years, ever since I started getting into electronic music.

Anyway, we were watching this documentary in my HS World History class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1CY48_Tmho

There's a song used in that documentary that sounds exactly like the sitar sound in Planet Of The Shapes. I'm almost certain Orbital sampled it for POTS, and it's obscure enough to not be noticed. Can anyone confirm this?
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: Planet Of The Shapes sample?

Post by Loopz »

where in that film and where in planet of the shapes ? :)
WhiteNoise

Post by WhiteNoise »

In Planet Of The Shapes, starting at 3:45, in the film, it's used through the first minute or so of the film. Try around :22.
sherriebauer

Post by sherriebauer »

What is this film about?