something on Middle of Nowhere i dont know what is it.

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Kyblik
Sinner
Question: Orbital

something on Middle of Nowhere i dont know what is it.

Post by Kyblik »

notes to track 1 on The Middle of Nowhere - Way Out. i always wanted to write here, but always forgot to ask and today i finaly got time and mood and doing it right as i was cheking something on discogs.com :)
can some good soul tell me what that means??

Phil Holmberg: 3-4 notes, also, from Insides 3 notes on 'Out There Somewhere' and 'Funky Pitch Bend' ideas on T.G.W.T.S.I.H.H.

what that sentence is all about??
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Re: something on Middle of Nowhere i dont know what is it.

Post by davemacfrombath »

Sounds like a jokey namecheck, though he is credited with production on way out ->.

Check here
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

and what about those notes from Insides snd Out There Somewhere?? does that mean that on Way Out, there are some notes/samples from Out There Somewhere?? also i take it that on The Girl With The Sun In Her Head are some ideas from song Funky Pitch Bend, or maybe its some band not song :)
whole sentence is very strange, especialy for non-UK guy :)
Wickerman
Novice
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Wickerman »

I always guessed that he'd chipped in a few ideas during the recording of 'In Sides' and they'd forgotten to credit him for them on the sleeve, so they decided to drop him in on a humourous way on the next album (which he seemingly also worked on). I guess the Funky Pitch Bend idea is just the fact that a lot of the main melody notes in 'The Girl with the Sun in her Head' are pitch-bended...
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Kyblik wrote:and what about those notes from Insides snd Out There Somewhere?? does that mean that on Way Out, there are some notes/samples from Out There Somewhere?? also i take it that on The Girl With The Sun In Her Head are some ideas from song Funky Pitch Bend, or maybe its some band not song :)
whole sentence is very strange, especialy for non-UK guy :)
It makes no more sense to me than you kyblik :-)
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Whats with the emoticon Dave? :shock:

Turning a new leaf?
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

it was an accident - I tried doing a DIY one but it automatically converted it to a smiley :mad
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

davemacfrombath wrote:Sounds like a jokey namecheck, though he is credited with production on way out ->.

Check here
This isnt a joke :) I know Phil and he is the very talented Schematix and Schizoid Man. If i remember right...Phil did contribute to the Girl with the Sun in her Head and they forgot to acknowledge/credit his help. SO they put it on the MON album. The warbling effect towards the end on TGWTSIHH i believe is Phil's contribution. I hope my memory serves me right.
user name
Saint

Post by user name »

Loopz wrote:
davemacfrombath wrote:Sounds like a jokey namecheck, though he is credited with production on way out ->.

Check here
This isnt a joke :) I know Phil and he is the very talented Schematix and Schizoid Man. If i remember right...Phil did contribute to the Girl with the Sun in her Head and they forgot to acknowledge/credit his help. SO they put it on the MON album. The warbling effect towards the end on TGWTSIHH i believe is Phil's contribution. I hope my memory serves me right.

BINGO! and a memory that serves you well master... :applause