Dr Who & Orbital!!

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Kyblik
Sinner
Question: Orbital

Re: Dr Who & Orbital!!

Post by Kyblik »

so just Belfast and OPS are missing. dont mind OPS, but will miss Belfast, realy love passing from Satan to Belfast.
cant wait for Guilfest!! :)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

For those who have emailed me...i'm just uploading the files now. :) Will mail you back when its all complete.

Well i have to agree on a lot of comments about Glastonbury. I was at the front with 2 very excitable Orbital fans who i got chating to plus a total Orbital virgin who loved the whole experience. Just before the intro started i felt pushing in my back and expected some drunken idiot pushing to the front but instead there was five 10 to 12 year olds! I naturally let them go at the front and i've never seen kids that young be so excited about the gig. I had to high five them a few times inbetween tracks which was cool. I must have been in a good spot because the sound was crystal, loud and just perfect for my ears (no jokes please ;) ). Highlights was the slowed down Satan before it turned in totally bonkers snare rushing Satan, Dont Stop Me (which sounds so much better live imho), The Gun is Good ("Lasers...8 o'clock...day one" triggering laser show left me gobsmacked - amazing), Chime /Crime and Impact . Some strange but fun technical glitches as well :) Matt Smith was another fantastic highlight - crowd went bonkers and was totally bizarre to see THREE bodies looking busy behind all that hardware! I got attacked by the flying glowsticks :) Such a great gig - so typical Glastonbury - i wont forget it :)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

I'm still buzzing.... what a set!

Are the lazers just a glasto thing or will they be at Guildfest as well? Anyone know?
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

davemacfrombath wrote:Are the lazers just a glasto thing or will they be at Guildfest as well? Anyone know?
Are you going now then Dave?

...still waiting on this email too...
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

i replied to all email requests last night so if you havent had a reply then please re-send your email (ie: i dont have it) :)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

memly wrote:
davemacfrombath wrote:Are the lazers just a glasto thing or will they be at Guildfest as well? Anyone know?
Are you going now then Dave?

...still waiting on this email too...
Serously considering it now loopz.....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Eh?

Sounds like you havent fully recovered yet Dave!
I'll let your little bonce recover before I ask you any more difficult questions.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

memly wrote:Eh?

Sounds like you havent fully recovered yet Dave!
I'll let your little bonce recover before I ask you any more difficult questions.
oops... I mean very possibly memly...
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

its feking briliant! breakbeat part of Satan, which is now 10 minutes long, ahhh nice!!

was this broadcast from BBC only, or are there some other sources, radio show?? would love to hear Halcyon as was mentioned somewhere else here. and of course The Gun Is Good.. :)
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

One small adjustment to you setlist Funky - Halcyon was before The Gun Is Good.

Interesting to see many of the comments over at the Efestivals website - there had been quite a lot of people unmoved by the announcement of Orbital's headlne slot. Now they keep popping up again and agian on peoples 'top bands of the weekend lists' - lots of newbies too. Lovely.
Avalanche72

Post by Avalanche72 »

"Lasers...8 o'clock...day one" was awesome! Is that a sample or did the brothers create it especially?
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Avalanche72 wrote:"Lasers...8 o'clock...day one" was awesome! Is that a sample or did the brothers create it especially?
It's from Time Bandits... great film.

well worth watching the entire film
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

JIMBO wrote:One small adjustment to you setlist Funky - Halcyon was before The Gun Is Good.
Ta, edited.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Avalanche72

Post by Avalanche72 »

davemacfrombath wrote:It's from Time Bandits... great film.
Thanks awfully for that - i'll get right on it!

It's fast becoming my quote of the year - Mrs Avalanche has already grown weary......
It's all a matter of opinion
www.red-lines.co.uk
MASSIVE ATTACK, BRISTOL, ENGLAND
TheEmbryo
Novice

Post by TheEmbryo »

6Music are playing 30mins of Orbital Glasto highlights tonight at 9pm. And according to the schedule Gideon Coe will be playing some more in the programme afterwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/programmes/schedules