Norton doesnt like you very much!

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Norton doesnt like you very much!

Post by memly »

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?u ... .php%3Ff=3

Just a quickie.
Not being that au fait with internet gobligook, but why does my Norton 360 insist that this forum has "1 Computer Threat"??

Is this normal?

To be honest I've not noticed it before (I have Norton Toolbar installed), but thought you might like to know...
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: Norton doesnt like you very much!

Post by Loopz »

Let me put my IT Manager's hat on. Not something i like to do on here of course...but ...

Norton produces resource hungry products that produces what we call fake positives. Ie: highlights most things it doesnt actually know about as a problem/threat/warning. You can download a dell wifi driver and it destroys the download by identifying the management exe as a "suspicious file" (Symantec Endpoint Protection). I couldnt recommend the uninstall option so much when it comes to anything Norton or Symantec...apart from Ghost BUT then again they are destroying that application as well, hence why we use the older version where i work! Anyway...it's a rant and a half. Not suprised that they see the old Loopz shop as a threat. They would see an old lady of 96 wtih an umbrella as a terrorist! :)

use Avast for anti-virus, Spybot for occasional spyware checking and let windows firewall do the job. Dont do naughty things on the web and you will never have any problems. :)

p.s. and remove all toolbars you dont REALLY need. It will slow your browsing experience down big time.

*takes off IT Manager's hat off* ;)
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

I was with you all the way till "Let me put my IT Manager's hat on"

I've been around here long enough to know the score, but I was a bit perplexed as to why it thought Loopz was a dodgy site. I mean I know we have a few dodgy posters :Finger , but I've always trusted the site.

Actually I did understand your rant, but it took me a few attempts!

I will take your advice Mr Loopz, but I still have 6 months worth of the resource hungry product to go.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

oh yeah, i forgot they actually CHARGE people to use their software and even update it! the cheek. All the products i have mentioned are totally free to download, update and use. :)

p.s. that link is just refering to part of the loopz site which has an old shop on there. no idea why it sees this as a threat :)
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

Loopz wrote:Dont do naughty things on the web
wait, what? what else would you do with it? :?
dance your cares away, worries for another day