Leftfield Live

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

thehitcher
Novice

Leftfield Live

Post by thehitcher »

Did anybody go and see them? I went to Sheffield last Sunday and i was blown away, i thought they were brilliant (first time i have seen them)
geedub

Re: Leftfield Live

Post by geedub »

I read an entertaining (and very positive) review of the Sheffield gig in the Guardian:
"These days, the greying audience look more likely to have rung a babysitter than a dealer" :lol:

I keep expecting them to announce a mini-UK tour in the autumn but nothing yet :(
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

geedub wrote:I read an entertaining (and very positive) review of the Sheffield gig in the Guardian:
"These days, the greying audience look more likely to have rung a babysitter than a dealer" :lol:

I keep expecting them to announce a mini-UK tour in the autumn but nothing yet :(
well according to this there going to be doing one http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/201005 ... ield.shtml
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

We went to Manchester and Sheffield. As usual the crowd in Manchester made the gig but we got to see a lot more of what was going on on stage in Sheffield. We were most amused to see that MC Cheshire Cat had turned into Danny Dyer!!
Paul Daley not being there made absolutely no difference at all and overall they were probably as good as they were when we first saw them back in 1996 but nowhere near as loud!!
The Leftfield live site also says they'll be touring in the autumn and we know they'll definitely be playing Manchester again. We'll be going to see them a couple of times again.
Just need The Chemical Brothers, Underworld and of course Orbital to announce a few autumn dates for us and we'll be sorted!