TouchOSC

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

tcb2000
Adnan

TouchOSC

Post by tcb2000 »

I know there's a couple of Ableton users, and certainly some Reason users on here.

I've recently invested in a Mac (for iPhone development primarily, but it's also getting some use for music...). I've got an app on my iPhone called TouchOSC - it's amazing! Basically gives you a control surface - well, multiple control surfaces - to control pretty much any program which can consume OSC data. If you're on a Mac, Ableton can do this natively. If you're on Windows, you need a couple of other programs to translate and feed Ableton. Amazing stuff, and pretty similar to what Orbital use live with the Lemur pads...will be great on an iPad...

Check it out :

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: TouchOSC

Post by memly »

Yeah it looks great, although I'm a PC etc etc...

The market place for controllers nowadays is huge! I have told myself not to buy anything else.
Although I am tempted by the possibilities of Max4Live.

I embrace technology, but I have always regarded phones as phones, and never really paid too much attention to them, although the amount of musical apps I have seen for phones seem to be rather good.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

I got hold of a couple of the Korg Nano range, pretty cheap - the NanoPad has 16 pads and an X-Y touch surface, and the NanoKontrol has 8 sliders, pots and 16 buttons. They were both £35 off eBay!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Thats my pride and joy ---------------------------------------------------------------->

I got some Behringer BCR/BCD2000s too, but if the truth be told, I only use the rotary sliders on the BCR (or is it BCD?).

To be honest, most of the time I have my laptop sitting on my lap with a pair of decent headphones just using Abletons Session view whilst the missus is indulging in Eastenders etc.
I very rarely plug it all in nowadays even though I should, but I find there are too many choices in my lifestyle: Shall I make music, watch a film, play on the PS3, interact with my girlfriend (!), go out and visit the wider world or even finish of the Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman... hmmm.

Normally the PS3 wins...
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

very jealous of the APC!!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator