Orbital on 6 Music (20/3)

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Orbital on 6 Music (20/3)

Post by shadyboy »

Details on next weeks show:-

"Legendary dance duo Orbital continue their 6 Mix residency, recounting their personal history of dance music and the part they played in helping shape the movement. Best known for seminal dance tunes including Chime and Halcyon, Orbital reformed last year after a five year hiatus, headlining festivals all over the world including the Big Chill Festival and Get Loaded In The Park. The band also presented three 6 Mix programmes, playing the music which inspired them growing up from punk to dub. In this second of two shows, Brothers Paul and Phil Hartnoll play artists including Inner City and Pierre's Fantasy Club, sharing their memories of those tunes and the part they played in influencing Orbital's sound. In the second hour of the show there's an exclusive hour long live set from the band, recorded live at the Forum, Sydney in February this year, featuring classic tracks and new material."
:shock:
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
memly
Meltdown

Re: Orbital on 6 Music (20/3)

Post by memly »

I havent had a chance to listen to last nights show yet, so I am wondering if "Don't Stop Me" was played last night, if so has it changed in any way?

That last sentence is a bit confusing...
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Don't Stop Me was the same as the one on the Triple J mix.

Paul played one of his new tracks with Leanne Hall called "Spirits", but to be honest I'm not that keen on it - the vocals get on my nerves...
darkorb
Novice

Post by darkorb »

Was Spirits a new Paul Hartnoll track or an Orbital track? I hope the former. It seemed a little bland to me.
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Spirits is a Paul track - the project is called "Haunted House" (wonder if the Tormented OST stuff is part of this).

He did mention it was a rough demo to be fair!
user name
Saint

Post by user name »

it is indeed a rough demo , the project is haunted house and to be fair is totally song based and probably not the sort of thing that will apeal to most people who are regulars to this forum :wink: , but hay we can't like every thing and is by defenition a 'different' project to orbital ! but you never know it might grow on you...
Last edited by user name on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
user name
Saint

Post by user name »

oh and at least one track will be inspired from the score to tormented.
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

shadyboy wrote:"In the second hour of the show there's an exclusive hour long live set from the band, recorded live at the Forum, Sydney in February this year, featuring classic tracks and new material."
soundboard recording? that would be lovely. will have to try and get the best recording of this off the radio.
dance your cares away, worries for another day
user name
Saint

Post by user name »

hippy dave wrote:soundboard recording? that would be lovely. will have to try and get the best recording of this off the radio.
it is indeed a sound board recording, but don't forget recording off the radio is piracy !!! :wink:

home taping...killing music....blah blah blah ( grumbles off into the corner )
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

I thouroughly enjoyed it. As I live in my own little bubble there was a load of new stuff for me.

The new track sounded better this time to me anyway, Paul and Leeane's is a work in progress.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

DId anyone happen to "preserve" last Saturday's show at all? Would like to have a listen (and not through the BBC Player). :)
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

user name wrote:
hippy dave wrote:soundboard recording? that would be lovely. will have to try and get the best recording of this off the radio.
it is indeed a sound board recording, but don't forget recording off the radio is piracy !!! :wink:
true, so if you send me a full-quality copy instead then i won't have to pirate it :idea:

badger, i yoinked last sat's show off iplayer, it's only at a measly 128kbit/s quality but i can bung you the link in a bit if you like.
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

Thanks Dave

user name
Saint

Post by user name »

hippy dave wrote:true, so if you send me a full-quality copy instead then i won't have to pirate it
so your asking me to pirate it instead? :tut
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

Personally, I wouldn't ask for the hour that's going to be broadcast on Saturday, I'd ask for the hour that isn't going to get broadcast... :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: