versions of Brown Albums

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Kyblik
Sinner
Question: Orbital

versions of Brown Albums

Post by Kyblik »

finaly ripping all my Orbital CDs/vinyls to mp3 and i wanted to ask what version of Brown Album you guys have. i have UK release and Australia release with Peel Sessions.

on both versions there is different pass between Lush 3 and Impact and between Impact and Remind.
on UK version there is no Lush 3 sounds at the begining of Impact and when Remind is starting to play it fades out together with Impact and Remind begins as a new track.
not so on Australia version, where Lush 3 sounds even on begining of Impact and Remind doesn't fade out on the end on Impact and it smoothly pass to Remind.

but yesterday i got another UK release from my friend and it is the same as Australia version with Remind not fading out at the end of Impact. it is quite strange that there are different versions from the same market :) and it is a must have for Orbital collectors! :)
shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: versions of Brown Albums

Post by shadyboy »

hmmmm....I've got the uk one and there is no fade outs on Lush/Impact/Remind - they all mix into each other...got mines the week it came out at our price!
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

My Uk and Oz versions sound the same to me.
But I should not that My Uk version is a promo (still has TruCD2 as a catlognumber, but it's printed on the cd that it's a promo)

Does your different sounding cd have other catlog numbers, artworks, anything?

And what about the tape and Vinyl version...
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

will check them if there are any differencies, but on the first sight they looks the same.
i got no tape version, so i cant say, but will check LP version, it has been ages i was listening to it in that format :)

also, if you start Planet of the Shapes, on one version it is ok, on the other is has end of Time Becomes with 'op..', just half-second on the start of Planet.
can it be as different year of release, if the cd is actualy released?? as there is no indication what year it is except the original 1993.
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

My Impact fades out with the Remind riff then Remind starts abruptly, it always annoyed me a bit but I never thought anything of it... I assumed it was ripped off the vinyl version given that it's about midway throughout the album? But yeah it would be nice to hear Lush/Impact/Remind all rolled into one :D
Iced

Post by Iced »

The Canadian release of Brown has the fadeout at the end of Impact as well.