Orbital Live DVD

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Kinder
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Orbital Live DVD

Post by Kinder »

Hello,
Was just wondering if any shows from the tour last year were recorded for a potential future DVD/Blu-ray release? Would be good to relive it in 5.1 (or even better, in DTS)
memly
Meltdown

Re: Orbital Live DVD

Post by memly »

Dont get your hopes up mate, thats all I can say.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
darkorb
Novice

Post by darkorb »

The gigs from last year must have been a warm up for them. I really don't think the Hartnoll's where going to go through the whole hassle of trying to rig up a camera crew and do that whole ball of wax, because that doesn't seem like the point right now. This is about the live experience for the few who are close enough to see them live. :)

Now, I do think we can get our hopes up for a live DVD/CD set in the future. This stuff is high quality so can see the potential of it happening. Seeing their gigs in HD would be fabulous.
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

agreed :)
user name
Saint

Post by user name »

a bit boring to 'watch ' though isn't it , i can see the point of a recording but not the 'visual' of watching 2 blokes at work! but then again i dont like live music on the tele it seems too removed from the 'thing' but maybe thats just me...
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

I agree with user name here a bit, but I think an Orbital Live DVD could be made using a combination of new and old tour visuals? How about using the current set and combining it with the current videos and some of the old tour videos (Giles Thacker's stuff) especially for tracks on the new tour that have no offical videos, and maybe a few (minimal) shots of the audience and you guys twiddling knobs. I know that a lot of the new videos combine elements of the old videos already but I still think it could work.
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Agree with user name & badger on this - besides you can always play your usb wristband to the glastonbury dvd if you wanted.

What I would like would be 5.1 remastered versions of Brown, Sniv & Insides mmmmmm........... 8)
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

shadyboy wrote:What I would like would be 5.1 remastered versions of Brown, Sniv & Insides mmmmmm........... 8)
oh yesss, that would be pretty nice!!
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

user name wrote:a bit boring to 'watch ' though isn't it , i can see the point of a recording but not the 'visual' of watching 2 blokes at work!
Maybe if those 2 blokes took some inspiration from S Club 7 it wouldn't be so boring to watch. Costume changes, choreography, maybe some light-hearted banter and witty storylines thrown in between songs, perhaps occasionally asking the crowd to 'throw their hands in the air' or saying 'come on everyone, you know this one!' before singing the first line of a particularly popular hit. Big smiles and great hair help add to the excitement too.

I've got Underworld's 'Everything, Everything' DVD and S Club 7's 'S Club Carnival' DVD, and I'm sure you can guess which one gets more plays in my house. So come on, techno acts - put a bit of effort in and maybe we'll want to watch you at work, as we do Tina, Paul, Jon, Bradley, Rachel, Hannah and Jo.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Funky Dung wrote:... and great hair help add to the excitement too...
I can just see it now, 'Orbital on Tour (sponsored by Regaine Industrial Strength)'.

It they want they can have some of my excess hair....
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.