Gui Boratto - Take my breath away

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Gui Boratto - Take my breath away

Post by memly »

Ok, I'll give it till autumn, then I'll pester again.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

i listened. very nice stuff. characteristically him. um, groovy 8)
dance your cares away, worries for another day
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Holy mother of God!

I thank you Dave... thought this thread may be active for years to come with my moaning. I feared I had over hyped the album and that there would be an almighty backlash from the Loopz forum, which would see me ousted from the messageboards, left to roam cyberspace with nobody to read my inane posts...

Its nice that at least 1 of the hopefuls has stuck to his word, unlike that Mac from Bath... but then he did apologise I suppose.

BTW, for anyone who isnt Dave; I still stand by my first post.... if you havent listened to it then do so as I think its rather beautiful minimal lushness in the majority of his tunes, and the songs get stronger and stronger as the album progresses.
MEMS MUZAK
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

memly wrote:BTW, for anyone who isnt Dave;
...poor, sad, unfortunate people :cry:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

I never wanted to be a Dave....

I.... I wanted to be....

A LUMBERJACK!
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Still rocking the Boratto beats...

Still bangin on to anyone who will listen how good he is.

I think for people like Dave Mac who use Crapster, where modern classics like the above mentioned album are not avaialbe, they should venture down to into Bath and purchase the CD, or indeed use the internet, where internet shopping is slowly catching on.
There on the World Wide Web are places that music can be bought and it gets sent to you, in a nice flashy case which means something, instead of a long list of 0s and 1s flowing into your computer...

Ok, I've decided that now its nearing August, I might go on a Burrito mission, sorry Boratto mission and just shamelessly plug his stuff until I either get banned or someone buys the chuffing album and agress with me on how good he is...

Please dont post here if you have heard his stuff and you think he is donkey shit.
I will cry.
MEMS MUZAK
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

I've got a feeling that I might be listening to some of this in September, like it or not....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Acid Gaz
Sinner

Post by Acid Gaz »

memly wrote:Still rocking the Boratto beats...

Still bangin on to anyone who will listen how good he is.

I think for people like Dave Mac who use Crapster, where modern classics like the above mentioned album are not avaialbe, they should venture down to into Bath and purchase the CD, or indeed use the internet, where internet shopping is slowly catching on.
There on the World Wide Web are places that music can be bought and it gets sent to you, in a nice flashy case which means something, instead of a long list of 0s and 1s flowing into your computer...

Ok, I've decided that now its nearing August, I might go on a Burrito mission, sorry Boratto mission and just shamelessly plug his stuff until I either get banned or someone buys the chuffing album and agress with me on how good he is...

Please dont post here if you have heard his stuff and you think he is donkey shit.
I will cry.
davemacfrombath wrote:I've got a feeling that I might be listening to some of this in September, like it or not....
Sweeet...
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Another corker, less melodic, more "ave it".
MEMS MUZAK
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

I've finally listened to some and, ytes, it's pretty good. The only version of take my breath away is the John Tejada remix. The Twiggy EP is very good.
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Christ... I need to sit down.

Good stuff Dave! I'm glad you've finally given it a listen, I feel now that I can close this chapter in my life and move on...

It now seems that all Daves are true to their words.

His stuff has certainly been getting a lot of airplay in casa Memly.
MEMS MUZAK