Coachella

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

darkorb
Novice
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Coachella

Post by darkorb »

So Orbital is playing Coachella! How exiting!!

When was the last time they came to the U.S.? Old timers?

I wish I could go, I've never seen them live... I'm not moving to California until next year (2011). :(
jefffinsd

Re: Coachella

Post by jefffinsd »

I was so hoping Orbital would perform at Coachella this year. But of all the nights they could have played, they are scheduled to perform the night before I have a work commitment that cannot be moved. Thoroughly bummed on this one, as I will miss out. The only consolation is that a festival most likely means a shortened set and perhaps fewer visuals. I hope there will be other Southern California or North America dates because I'd love to catch them again. Last time they were out in Southern California was in 2001. Still have the glow-in-the dark concert T-shirt for that one.

Steve,
Do you know of any other North America dates?
MusicGoblin

Post by MusicGoblin »

I was sooo stoked to see Orbital on the Coachella lineup. I too hope they play some gigs in North America as well!

I remember their last tour here was around October 2001 right after 9/11. Little did I know that would be the last time I would see them in almost a decade (if I get to go to Coachella that is :|)
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

jefffinsd wrote:I was so hoping Orbital would perform at Coachella this year. But of all the nights they could have played, they are scheduled to perform the night before I have a work commitment that cannot be moved. Thoroughly bummed on this one, as I will miss out. The only consolation is that a festival most likely means a shortened set and perhaps fewer visuals. I hope there will be other Southern California or North America dates because I'd love to catch them again. Last time they were out in Southern California was in 2001. Still have the glow-in-the dark concert T-shirt for that one.

Steve,
Do you know of any other North America dates?
I would have thought they would add some dates seen as they are travelling that far.
maus

Post by maus »

they're welcome to swing by venice and play a gig on the beach. can even stay at mine. it'd be a nice change of scenery after the desert.

in all seriousness, though, i am excited beyond belief to see these guys play. i missed the final shows due to drama at home, so this is a welcome surprise!
MusicGoblin

Post by MusicGoblin »

I sure hope they play in the LA area on Saturday before their Sunday Coachella performance! Looks like they are playing in San Francisco the Friday of Coachella.. http://goldenvoice.com/shows/details/?id=26370