Orbital improvisations,playing live and screwing somethingup

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Kyblik
Sinner
Question: Orbital

Orbital improvisations,playing live and screwing somethingup

Post by Kyblik »

can anyone write me down, what are main differences between Orbital playing live and other electronic bands 'playing live'??
i know that Orbital are improvising a lot and can screw it up sometimes as everybody heard in Brixton 24th in the middle of Remind :) thats realy nice 'addition'.

can anyone explain me how and what they push, pick, pull and so?? i have no idea how it works. do they have some sequecies and timing when to press this and that buttom or what??
thx and excuse my unknowledge :)
user name
Saint

Re: Orbital improvisations,playing live and screwing somethingup

Post by user name »

Kyblik wrote:can anyone explain me how and what they push, pick, pull and so?? i have no idea how it works. do they have some sequecies and timing when to press this and that buttom or what??
thx and excuse my unknowledge
you need to read the future music interview from this summer , but if you have no technical knowledge it may leave you nun the wiser...
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Kyblik wrote:i know that Orbital are improvising a lot and can screw it up sometimes :)
Orbital never 'screw it up', they have 'live features'. <finger wagging>

I hardly ever even notice the 'finger trouble' and, even when I do I soon forget about it.

You should consider them one of the boyz' many endearing characteristics.... <smiley face>
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

just found this which explains things, briefly, in laymen's terms.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?