usb wristband birmingham gig

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

jay mass
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: orbital

usb wristband birmingham gig

Post by jay mass »

Hi...just got in from the gig which was awesome! but....when i went to get the wristband at the end of the gig i was told someone forgot to press record! I kept the wristband anyway {got most of the money refunded} as it was cool, but was wondering if any of the other gigs will be available online as i'm pretty gutted i couldnt get a recording....

Jay.
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: usb wristband birmingham gig

Post by Loopz »

Someone forgot to press record! lol. I believe there was a technical issue but waiting for some feedback as to why it never happened.
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

Will the wristbands happen at all? They were supposed to be available for the June gigs and 3 months later they still haven't appeared.
Awesome gig in Birmingham, even more excited now about the 2 Manchester dates.
MindRubber

Post by MindRubber »

jay mass wrote:Hi...just got in from the gig which was awesome! but....when i went to get the wristband at the end of the gig i was told someone forgot to press record! I kept the wristband anyway {got most of the money refunded} as it was cool, but was wondering if any of the other gigs will be available online as i'm pretty gutted i couldnt get a recording....

Jay.
Do you have the option of collecting on the night? I thought the website said they sent it to you two weeks later. If so, I better get mine ordered ready for tomorrow night!
usernick
Detached
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

MindRubber wrote:
jay mass wrote:Hi...just got in from the gig which was awesome! but....when i went to get the wristband at the end of the gig i was told someone forgot to press record! I kept the wristband anyway {got most of the money refunded} as it was cool, but was wondering if any of the other gigs will be available online as i'm pretty gutted i couldnt get a recording....

Jay.
Do you have the option of collecting on the night? I thought the website said they sent it to you two weeks later. If so, I better get mine ordered ready for tomorrow night!
You can buy them after the gig, and yup, the website did indeed say they'd send it two weeks later...

8)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

What's the audio quality on those things?
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Timbob wrote:What's the audio quality on those things?
224 kbps, 1 MP3 file.

8)
MindRubber

Post by MindRubber »

For anyone considering getting a wristband:

I bought one for the Manchester gig and I have to say I think the quality is really good. Very clear recording of the entire gig including the encore, and it also includes the crowd sound rather than just the output from their equipment. Personally I prefer to have the crowd on it for that proper live feeling, but you don't get the option without!

You can buy them on the night without having to prebook via the website. You can even wait until after the gig before buying the wristband, but I chose to buy it before the gig to guarantee I got one (they give you a blank wristband which you just exchange for one with the recording on it) and so I didn't have to queue as long. They were available about 15 minutes after the end of the gig which I thought was an amazingly quick turn around.

It's just a single MP3 file (around 190MB) recorded at 224 kbps. The wristband itself is basically a 256MB micro SD card plugged into a small USB card reader on a black rubber strip, with the Orbital logo printed in white on the outside. You just plug it into a USB port on your computer and upload it.
SpookyC

Post by SpookyC »

I'm feeling a bit gutted now I didn't get a wristband after the gig (Manc 19th).

Can you still order one from anywhere or is an Ebay jobit.
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

SpookyC wrote:I'm feeling a bit gutted now I didn't get a wristband after the gig (Manc 19th).

You certainly can - that's where I've pe-ordered my lot (saves having to queue after the gig - much needed smoking time)! :)

8)
SpookyC

Post by SpookyC »

usernick wrote:
SpookyC wrote:I'm feeling a bit gutted now I didn't get a wristband after the gig (Manc 19th).

You certainly can - that's where I've pe-ordered my lot (saves having to queue after the gig - much needed smoking time)! :)

8)

Cheers Nick, I knew I could rely on you (its SteveC from the 808 website) top do eh. All the best.
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

SpookyC wrote:
usernick wrote:

8)

Cheers Nick, I knew I could rely on you (its SteveC from the 808 website) top do eh. All the best.
Hang on a sec, you were at Manc? Blimey, you should have come to say hi! :)

8)
jay mass
Anti Spam: orbital

Post by jay mass »

Dont suppose theres any news on what went wrong with the birmingham gig? i'm still kind of hoping to get a recording of it...if not i'll probably get one of the other gigs but would obviously prefer the brum one...
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

There was a technical problem so there will be no Birmingham recording available
SpookyC

Post by SpookyC »

SpookyC wrote:Cheers Nick, I knew I could rely on you (its SteveC from the 808 website) top do eh. All the best.
usernick wrote:Hang on a sec, you were at Manc? Blimey, you should have come to say hi! :)

8)

I did look out for you, maybe I should have gone outside to the smokers corner :D