Orbital Bestfest 2009 - story from a "big child"

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

dannyg
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Orbital Bestfest 2009 - story from a "big child"

Post by dannyg »

Hello. My name is Dan and i'm 32 years old and i will tell a fun story ........ Since 94 when i first saw Orbital on TV Glastonbury i always hope to see them on a live show. And after 15 years it was official: Orbital live at Bestfest 2009 Romania. I could not believe it and i realise it's for real when i saw on "myspace" the official confirmation. So on friday all day i ask my wife who work on Hilton hotel to tell me if Orbital will be there, because i want see them and ask them for an autograph. And unfortunately i didn't recieve the news that they are quartered on Hilton. Anyway i go to concert and Franz Ferdinand was on stage and on a second stage .......yeah "Paul on stage" set up the gear. I make a phone picture and i try to go on stage but this was not possible. So i wait starting the show in front of the stage. At one moment my best friend , who also name Dan , tell me: "look near you"...and guess what? Paul was sitting next to us like a "normal person". For the moment i don't realise it but after few seconds i go to him and chage few words. The music was loud and we hear each other badly but i tell him (on first i asked him if is Paul beacause he look a little bit strange to me, i now this sound stupid but i enjoyed....Hello Are you Paul?....of course he was Paul.... :oops: ha ha ha) that it's good to have them on Bucharest and that i'm very happy that is back again with Phill together. I make a picture with him with my telephone and my friend take also a picture. He give's us a big happy smile. So all day i hoped to see them and talk a few word with them and this was not happend and i was upset but in the end towards my joy this was happening. I can describe how good was the feeling and how much i enjoy this moment and also i was astonished by the "normality" of this man. He was near us, nobody ask him for an autograph or make pictures.....he simply stayed there near us like a normal simple person. I was dispointed because for me they are incredible and i love their music but no one saw him......Anyway after that they go on stage right after Franz Ferdinand end their show.
And now what can i tell you............i was hipnotized. Me and my freinds stand in front of the stage with a big smile on our face and enjoyed the concert. Many people look at us because we was absolutly amaze by what we saw and i thing this was very "reading" on our faces. The show was DIVINE! They started with Lush then goes Impact, Satan, Belfast (who almost bring us tears in our eyes.....this was magic) Halcyon, One perfect sunrise, Box and in the end they end up show with Dr Who and that was very energic because all the crowd became phrenetic. The sound was perfect and very loud. During the show Phill smoke a cigar and gives a lot of "hugs". I really hope we was "lovely" for them.

So that was a dream came true. I told you this story beacause i know many of you understand it and many of you had this feelings. This is a story told from a man who saw Orbital for the first time on his 32 and wait for this moment for many years. I was like a child who receive as a gift his first bike.... :D :D
In my mind i feel even John Peel took an eye to this show from "Out There Somewhere"
:D
So that was my first live "encounter" with this 2 "giants". God bless them and their music.
Sorry for my english it's probably rust.
hippy dave
Meltdown

Re: Orbital Bestfest 2009 - story from a "big child"

Post by hippy dave »

awesome :D glad you had a great time!
oh and welcome to the board 8)
dance your cares away, worries for another day