Orbital - Manchester gigs 2009.

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Orbital - Manchester gigs 2009.

Post by memly »

I assume none of you got emails to say the tickets had been dispatched??
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

memly wrote:I assume none of you got emails to say the tickets had been dispatched??
Nope, not a sausage - this bloke arrived in a car and delivered the tickets (asking me to sign a bit of paper)... :roll:

8)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

do you always sign things when asked by random people ;)
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Loopz wrote:do you always sign things when asked by random people ;)
Most of the time! :lol:

8)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

memly wrote:Still waiting for mine, did they come with the Brixton tickets Dave??
Sorry memly, only just seen this. Gaz got the Brixton tkts - not sure if he has them yet... MCR tkts came by private delivery I tink...
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

Tickets arrived yesterday :-)
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Got mine also.

w00t.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

Jesus, it feels like the night before Christmas!!
:D
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

What the f**k was up with screens? No video? Very poor! Gig was great but seriously missing the visual elements, especially for the newbies.
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

JIMBO wrote:What the f**k was up with screens? No video? Very poor! Gig was great but seriously missing the visual elements, especially for the newbies.
They obviously had a problem with them - hence the ladder before the gig started...

8)
Chorlton74

Post by Chorlton74 »

how good was Manchester Academy last night?

first time i've seen them since 2001. its nice to get re-acquainted with a good old friend.

last night was my 5th Orbital concert, but the first time i've seen them do `Out there somewhere`.

Fucking brilliant.
lobe1

Post by lobe1 »

Been to all the tours since 1994 and this was the best gig (Saturday night) I have been to in a very long time. Took my brother in law with me who doesn't really do dance music but I could tell he was impressed and never stopped dancing all night. Roll on next year for a new album and tour.
PS the section of tracks after 'out there somewhere' was absolutely amazing !!!!

PPS if you are reading Loopz, I forgot to get the USB stick of the gig afterwards, any idea if these will be available to buy by post, I am kicking myself now for not getting one !!!
DJ Steve White - Rock da house
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

usernick wrote:
JIMBO wrote:What the f**k was up with screens? No video? Very poor! Gig was great but seriously missing the visual elements, especially for the newbies.
They obviously had a problem with them - hence the ladder before the gig started...

8)
Problem wasn't at ladder end.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Philali

Post by Philali »

Been watching Phil & Paul now for years. First Gig I seen was after the first green album, even though it looks more yellow!! Infact I have seen them over 10 times now and I must admit that they just keep getting better and better. They don't need to release any new stuff, they have such a good following and they rework the old stuff soo well, but then again, It would be good to hear something new from them. Lets hope this is the start of a newly reformed Orbital!!! Well done lads, sooo glad to have you's back !!

P.S. Got one of the wrist bands - Excellent recording quality, had to be straight out of the desk, absolutely brilliant!!!! :applause
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

Philali wrote:Been watching Phil & Paul now for years. First Gig I seen was after the first green album, even though it looks more yellow!! Infact I have seen them over 10 times now and I must admit that they just keep getting better and better. They don't need to release any new stuff, they have such a good following and they rework the old stuff soo well, but then again, It would be good to hear something new from them. Lets hope this is the start of a newly reformed Orbital!!! Well done lads, sooo glad to have you's back !!

P.S. Got one of the wrist bands - Excellent recording quality, had to be straight out of the desk, absolutely brilliant!!!! :applause
Just a question, i have always wondered what there really early tours were like? how much equipment did they take with them? and how much lighting/visuals? can you remember what tracks they did?