Glastonbury 2009

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Glastonbury 2009

Post by memly »

Did many of you watch any of it?

What were your thoughts (on topic please timbob)?

Who went?

So many important questions?

I watched a lot and it looked all generally good. I was riddled with jealousy.

For me Bloc Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Lady Gaga looked great.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: Glastonbury 2009

Post by Loopz »

yeah i watched a lot of it. Looked a good lineup and i was again gutted i never went.

Pendulum sounded/looked astounding! Really looking forward to seeing them live! Prodigy seemed to be on top form, enjoyed Blur, Madness....

Watched a bit of staus quo (lol), Bruce Springstein (didnt get that), Lady Ga Ga (hardly live!), Lilly Allen... I did a lot of channel hoping and the variety is what makes Glasto special.
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Pendulum did look good.
Although I missed out on the bottom end of the sound as my TV just farts at that frequency.

Madness were good too.
I noticed a lot of overdubbing too, but anyone that dances around in panties and a bra (AND that shoots flames at the nipples) will get my attention...
I must say I really like Lily Allens choice of Apparel too.

I watched some of the Ting Tings (girlfriends a fan) and was trying to figure out how she was using a loop pedal... I think that was an excuse for not being entirely live but I cant be sure.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

I went! It was as amazing as always!

Highlight for me would have to be Blur who were utterly fabulous (sadly they clashed with the Prodigy but you can't have everything).
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

I went and my highlights were The Specials, Blur and Dizzee Rascal, who was unbelievably good. Didn't see an awful lot of dance music but the highlight was an old skool set from Tom Middleton, who not only played 3 (count em) Orbital tracks but had to be virtually dragged off stage whilst milking the Halcyon remix.

Neil Young was great but, in a typcal old rocker stylee, dragged out every song to max - guitar solos, false endings AOTS.

weather was good after a downpour on Thursday night. They seem to have sorted out the drainage good and proper and there was none of the mud nightmare s from previous years.

Overall, one of the best...
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

I thoroughly enjoyed the covergae that I saw, Pendulum was the set of the weekend by a mile!
A bit pissed off with the BBC's coverage to be honest, too much Springsteen and not enough small tent action
Friendly fires were good as was Gaga, and Paolo Nutini's Candy was just awesome!

:-)

PS - No Deadmau5 action at all :mad
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Deadmau5 was ok....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?