Call me slow...

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Timbob
Monsters Exist!
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Call me slow...

Post by Timbob »

But i just found out that LC1 has a chime sample in it :D

I knew Waving Not Drowning had a sample of.. (insert song of the Middle of knowhere album) (was it way out -> ? ) (yes it was :D )

anyway.. did they do that more often? recycling there own samples?
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
Kvagga
Omen

Post by Kvagga »

If I remember right, Waving Not Drowning was mainly built by recycling samples (can't remember any but the obvious Way Out-> one at the moment, though). Also the whole Altogether album recycled a big amount of sounds from the video project Tx:Nothing (go here: http://www.loopz.co.uk/audio2.html to listen to it).

Also Frenetic was pretty much a fresher version of Kinetic, with a bunch of recycled Are We Here samples, if I remember correctly. (The story behind this was that they apparently didn't want to give any actual new material to their old label, since they would get off of it after the "Best of" stuff).

Can't think of anything more at the moment (except for Monorail that kinda goes together with the Altogether stuff).

:)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

Kvagga wrote:If I remember right, Waving Not Drowning was mainly built by recycling samples (can't remember any but the obvious Way Out-> one at the moment, though). Also the whole Altogether album recycled a big amount of sounds from the video project Tx:Nothing (go here: http://www.loopz.co.uk/audio2.html to listen to it).

Also Frenetic was pretty much a fresher version of Kinetic, with a bunch of recycled Are We Here samples, if I remember correctly. (The story behind this was that they apparently didn't want to give any actual new material to their old label, since they would get off of it after the "Best of" stuff).

Can't think of anything more at the moment (except for Monorail that kinda goes together with the Altogether stuff).

:)
yeah, i noticed TX:nothing was kind of a rough version really for some of them songs :)

and yeah, frenetic / kinetic.. almost sounds the same too :P

oh, and an Fhómhair and otoño.. but that's just a remix :D

you know.. i still haven't found Monorail on the DVD :shock:
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I think i will be ok to say that you should listen to the music in the Keen Eddie series :)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

Loopz wrote:I think i will be ok to say that you should listen to the music in the Keen Eddie series :)
yeah, i remember reading something about that name..

altho i don't have a clue what this keen eddie series is :shock:
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

soooo