Brighton Gig Tonight

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

LusciousLucy
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Brighton Gig Tonight

Post by LusciousLucy »

Wouldnt like to guess what the vets to noobs ratio was but certainly overheard a lot of folk saying it was their first time...but there was a very high proportion of males over a certain age too is all I will say! :wink:
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Funky Dung wrote: Far better than on the 'farewell tour' five years ago. The tune selection was far more representative of what I think is great about Orbital and some of the reworked versions were particularly good. Just generally more stripped-back, old-skool, deep Orbital - more melody, more acid house groove, less rampant honking and rattling and screeching. The way it should be, in my opinion. :)
Couldnt agree more. I loved it. There were some great subtle changes in arrangements and some nicely layered synths. Lots of surprises for me and a more constant flow in the set as opposed to the last tour. Definately more old skool. I loved the encore too! They definately delivered after 5 years and I loved every second of it.

Its gonna be amazing at the chill!

Welcome back Funky!
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

Kyblik wrote:
Funky Dung wrote:I won't discuss set lists or anything but my highlight of the set was Chime. The lads finally did what I'd been wanting them to do with it for the last ten+ years. 8) And the encore was wicked too. Don't know how anyone can complain about that. Gutted they're not playing at Glastonbury - it would go down so well there.
that 'encore' was something like they did with Remind from Maida Vale 2004??

and welcome back Funky Dung! :)

Sounds like a different encore to the Leeds gig, we got Out There Somewhere, what a way to finish :roll:
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

Kinder wrote:

Sounds like a different encore to the Leeds gig, we got Out There Somewhere, what a way to finish :roll:
Why the rolling eyes? Out There Somewhere? is an incredible song.
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

JIMBO wrote:
Kinder wrote:

Why the rolling eyes? Out There Somewhere? is an incredible song.
whoops fat fingers, i meant :o :o :D :P :applause :applause :roll :roll hearing the first few notes was a bonus for an incredible night