new Orbital album or sp/ep?? :)

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Kyblik
Sinner
Question: Orbital

new Orbital album or sp/ep?? :)

Post by Kyblik »

so, now that Orbital are there for 20 years and boys decided to reform, does it means that we will get not only huge number of gigs, but some new Orbital material, as new album or something?? i hope we will see new music from Hartnoll brothers!! :)
fingers crossed.. :)

anyway, looking forward to gigs in Tabor, Czech Rep. and 25th sept in London! :P
Timbob
Monsters Exist!
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: new Orbital album or sp/ep?? :)

Post by Timbob »

they now do dubstep. It's the new thing.

The new track will be Orbital ft. Kode 9 - Boxed angels.
The 12" wil feature a Burial remix.
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
darkorb
Novice

Post by darkorb »

I think it is too early to predict such a thing. My thought is that this is just a one off to celebrate those years together.

Though they do seem very happy to be working together again and are seemingly treating those four years as if it was break (sort of...just kidding!), from what I've read they have said they want this reunion plan to not involve any products of any kind and for this to just be good fun for the fans.

But I woulden't rule out that maybe after a year of playing like this that could change...:)
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

From the BBC interview link (just posted):

Plans to begin writing new material aren't confirmed just yet though.

"I think one step at a time really with that," says Paul diplomatically.

"I'm not going to say no or anything like that because I said that before when I said we weren't going to play anymore, and here we are five years later playing gigs."

8)
Cranks

Post by Cranks »

I think we're going to get word in the next couple of months that Orbital is back working on new material. I think Paul hinted at it, and maybe Loopz wants us to pick up on it, but in the news section, where Paul is talking about the album '20' he says : "It's a great introduction, or indeed a reminder, of the story so far...”

"So far..." I think there's more to come, and Loopz put that part in bold type, so we'll see. I'm hoping for new material!
deschwah

Post by deschwah »

you cant get away with recycling old choons indefinately so unless they plan to retire again at the end of this tour then they'll have to come up with something new

like the new halcyon mix mind - cant wait for that mother to be released