Info about vocal sampled on Omen

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Numanoid
Saint
Question: Orbital

Info about vocal sampled on Omen

Post by Numanoid »

The prominent vocal sample used on Omen (I've seen the future, I can't afford it...) is lifted from ABC's 1984 "How to be a millionaire" single (http://www.discogs.com/release/94985). The chanting of "dollars, pounds" heard elsewhere in the Omen mixes is also culled from that ABC release. Maybe it would be an idea to include this information in the discography section on this site, as you already have listed info about the other samples used on that release?:

"Omen - Also hit the top 40...but only just. The flip side has starts with the sample "Take a Deep Breath...". This was sampled from their mothers relaxation tape...the tape that was to help their mother from smoking. Phil sneaked into her room and took the tape to sample."
Never compromise your art, keep it close to your heart
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Info about vocal sampled on Omen

Post by usernick »

Nothing about samples not credited will either be confirmed or denied by the moderators on this site...
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

go Nick :)

yep we had this rule from day one and we have stuck to it for around 10 years, we cant talk about samples :) soz
Numanoid
Saint

Post by Numanoid »

Fair enough, I thought about it after seeing your posts and I guess it wouldn't be so smart to feature this kind of information on an offical website...