Release: Tricks
Format: 12"
Cat no: exec75

Track listing:

Available March 07
1. Original Version
2. Paul Hartnoll Remix
3. The Rogue Element Remix

Tricks is Culprit 1’s latest single and one of his most cinematic releases to date, harking back to his early instrumental output. Culp’s unusual arrangements take full swing, creating a three minute electronic epic. Opening with intricate electric guitar arpeggios, the track soon develops into a whirlwind of South American flamenco licks, huge bass and a relentless, pounding beat.

Backed up by storming remixes courtesy of Orbital’s Paul Hartnoll and breakbeat don Rogue Element, this superb package appeals to all fans of quality electronic music. The Paul Hartnoll mix mutates 'Tricks' into a behemoth dancefloor electro/breaks anthem, already creating a huge buzz with the more discerning crowds and setting clubs alight. Similarly, the Rogue mix is a masterclass in modern breaks and bass.

The Culprit has returned the remix favour for childhood hero Hartnoll – his version of Paul’s new single ‘Please’ (featuring Robert Smith of The Cure on vocals) will be released on April 23rd via the Kids label.

Meanwhile, be sure to check out an exclusive Culprit 1 show with a string quartet at Big Chill House, Pentonville Road, Kings Cross, London on Tuesday 21st March.

Get a sneak peek at "Tricks" at Culprit 1's MySpace page
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

sounds like a promising release!
the rouge elephant is so hot right now 8)
dance your cares away, worries for another day
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

Quite like the Paul Hartnoll mix, and might even catch Culprit One live (they're playing my local pub - I kid ye not - not that many bands do!) at some point in March! :D
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

Goldie gives the Paul Hartnoll remix the thumbs up in one of the recent Mixmag/DJ Magazines (forgotten which one!). I'll try and find it again when I'm next in a newsagent. 8)
jessopjessopjessop
LC1

Remix

Post by jessopjessopjessop »

It's a damn good remix, I got it from iTunes yesterday!
Fact x Importance = News