For all Petrolheads on here...

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Willsy
The Moebius
Question: Orbital

For all Petrolheads on here...

Post by Willsy »

Getaway in stockholm 7 is out....and having just watched the trailer I must say it looks pretty awesome, the sound that Beemer is making is simply divine!
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Dog »

S'a tuned M3 GTR, what other noise do you expect it to make? ;)
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
cheese
Saint

Post by cheese »

Excellent. Nice to see so many different types of car being driven hard. The wheel spinning volvo made me laugh. Am I right in thinking that it was a Turbo sticking out of the green cars bonnet? (the car that is shown directly after the evo doing doughnuts) It's 'kin massive.
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Dog wrote:S'a tuned M3 GTR, what other noise do you expect it to make? ;)
According to Wikipedia the car shown is infact a BMW M3 E46 CSL (modified with the addition of a supercharger) whatever it is it sounds amazing and I want one!!

The GTR M3 is a very very rare car...
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"

Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

cheese wrote:Excellent. Nice to see so many different types of car being driven hard. The wheel spinning volvo made me laugh. Am I right in thinking that it was a Turbo sticking out of the green cars bonnet? (the car that is shown directly after the evo doing doughnuts) It's 'kin massive.
Yeah i thought that too...the first thing i said was jesus look at the size of that turbo...the thing was huge!!!!

They always seem to have a good collection of Volvo's that pull 10sec 1/4 mile times!!! The question is why a Volvo???!!!

Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

Downloaded the whole film, I'll watch it in the afternoon :D
"Gimme the sight to see
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Dog wrote:Downloaded the whole film, I'll watch it in the afternoon :D
Still D/Ling....let me know what you think when you've watched it Dog. :D

philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

where are you downloading it from?
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

philmanns wrote:where are you downloading it from?
Try a torrent site mate...

cheese
Saint

Post by cheese »

Willsy wrote:
According to Wikipedia the car shown is infact a BMW M3 E46 CSL (modified with the addition of a supercharger) whatever it is it sounds amazing and I want one!!

I've been out in a M3 CSL and it is an impressive car. You can alter the speed at which the gears change from Sunday driver to racing driver and when you put your foot down, all hell breaks loose. It is a quick car without a supercharger and so the one in the movie must be a right monster.
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

cheese wrote:
Willsy wrote:

I've been out in a M3 CSL and it is an impressive car. You can alter the speed at which the gears change from Sunday driver to racing driver and when you put your foot down, all hell breaks loose. It is a quick car without a supercharger and so the one in the movie must be a right monster.
Lucky chap!

They look sweet with the Carbon roof, bonnet and boot! I saw one on a track day at Castle Combe race circuit and it was a lovely bit of kit.

cheese
Saint

Post by cheese »

I too have seen one at castle coombe, it may well have been that we were at the same track day. I'm surprised it got past the sound check!!
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

cheese wrote:I too have seen one at castle coombe, it may well have been that we were at the same track day. I'm surprised it got past the sound check!!
More than likely mate! Small world isnt it! I think the one i saw it at may have been either a VW/Audi day (all german cars usually turn up though) Or the Rally Supercar day they have each year, cant remember.

They are so strict at CC on the soundlevels, a mate of mine has a very highly tuned Scooby and it failed whereas some of the cars going round the track at full bore make you wonder why!!!

I remember seeing the Dialynx Quattro hacking it round there and that definitely was louder than his car...

Speaking of fast Road legal cars, this used to cause a stir at Gti International a few years back...always quite amusing when the guy who had drawn to go head to head with "Bigdub" always got a massive head start on the 1/4 mile and always still got blown away!!!

Enjoy!

Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

OMG, how much carbon is on that M3? :O
"Gimme the sight to see
cheese
Saint

Post by cheese »

Willsy wrote:
cheese wrote:I too have seen one at castle coombe, it may well have been that we were at the same track day. I'm surprised it got past the sound check!!
More than likely mate! Small world isnt it! I think the one i saw it at may have been either a VW/Audi day (all german cars usually turn up though) Or the Rally Supercar day they have each year, cant remember.

They are so strict at CC on the soundlevels, a mate of mine has a very highly tuned Scooby and it failed whereas some of the cars going round the track at full bore make you wonder why!!!

I remember seeing the Dialynx Quattro hacking it round there and that definitely was louder than his car...

Speaking of fast Road legal cars, this used to cause a stir at Gti International a few years back...always quite amusing when the guy who had drawn to go head to head with "Bigdub" always got a massive head start on the 1/4 mile and always still got blown away!!!

Enjoy!
It was probably the VW day as I was there doing track sessions in my Pug. I didn't make it to the Rally car superday this year but am aiming to go next year. Castle coombe is an excellent circuit. Did you ever drive your car in anger on it?