Autechre SEOne Club, London. 14 April 2005 Full gig torrent

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

stimpee
Saint
Question: Orbital

Autechre SEOne Club, London. 14 April 2005 Full gig torrent

Post by stimpee »

As a member of Easytree/Dimeadozen I cam across this the other day (but the loopz forum was down. again). Its the complete gig as recorded by someone in the audience. I cant stand Ae these days but I thought you guys might get off on it. Here's the info:

Autechre. SEOne Club, London. 14 April 2005.

DIME Exclusive: This is my own audience recording of Autechre, playing in London two days ago.

This gig was LOUD. Most of the time my ageing ears were distorting under the overwhelming bass, so it's no surprise that my crappy mic couldn't cope either, but I think that adds to the realism of the recording. If you're not expecting perfect quality, this is a reasonable recording of their set. BTW, this is my first audience recording, so please go easy on it...

I really hope a soundboard recording of their current tour shows up, or even that Autechre themselves decide to release a live CD - this set was absolutely incredible and I'd recommend anyone that can catch Autechre live do so. People were really freaking out towards the end when it sounds as if their machines are ripping each other apart.

Lineage: Audience -> Stereo clip-on mic -> Sony MiniDisc recorder (SP mode)
-> Philips CDR600 CD Recorder (via Cambridge Audio analogue interconnect)
-> CD-R
-> WAV via EAC
-> Volume adjustment in Goldwave
-> FLAC (-8)

Tracklisting:

1: 74:40
There are no individual tracks in this set - Autechre played a continuously evolving noise for the whole duration, without any breaks and without any recognisable tracks. The recording cuts off sharply, as my MiniDisc ran out of space, but Autechre only played for a minute or two more, and finished in a similar way.

Please do not re-distribute in MP3 or other lossy formats.
If you enjoy this, comments are appreciated.

Wind it!

Size 381.84 MB (400,383,958 bytes)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=37316

Youve gotta be registered tho to get this, but I'm sure someone here is...

Enjoy (if thats possible).
Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Dog »

Well, I enjoyed the gig... :D
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
kazeo
Novice

Post by kazeo »

want...... this....... recording..........

i'd also just like to say, for the unbelievers out there, that there were lot's of people dancing at SE1 and, honestly, it was so nice to be dancing with other people to that kind of music. i usually only do it in my kitchen. dance to Ae that is. and only the next door neighbours cats ever see. yes.

it was also entertaining to watch exactly how people dance to Ae and i spotted more than one person do the jerky robot dance, which was nice because i thought i was the only one who did that.

quite simply marvellous.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

kazeo - thanx for the ticket btw :)

stimpee - its good that someone recorded it but that recording is just not worth downloading. Its distroted big time and doesnt even come close to what was played :cry:
kazeo
Novice

Post by kazeo »

loopz - no problem, it was nice to see you there :D
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

Loopz wrote:stimpee - its good that someone recorded it but that recording is just not worth downloading. Its distroted big time and doesnt even come close to what was played :cry:
Hah, 98% done and then I see this ;) Oh well
stimpee
Saint

Post by stimpee »

Loopz wrote:stimpee - its good that someone recorded it but that recording is just not worth downloading. Its distroted big time and doesnt even come close to what was played :cry:
i'm surprised people can tell the difference ;) anyway, the guy does make his excuses in the description...
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

They are not doing the nasty distorted style on this tour (shame really...i dont mind it). Its more geared towards tightly processed beats which build discreetly and slowly hypnotise your head! Maybe thats just the experience i get :)
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

Loopz wrote:They are not doing the nasty distorted style on this tour (shame really...i dont mind it). Its more geared towards tightly processed beats which build discreetly and slowly hypnotise your head! Maybe thats just the experience i get :)
Thats a pretty accurate description... They sounded totally unlike any bootlegs I've heard...

I loved it!
"Gimme the sight to see
rach
Novice

Post by rach »

It's very difficult to describe the whole experience (the word "loud" does not touch on it!), but Loopz hit the nail on the head with his description.

I felt the Manchester gig even more awesome, and was good to be at the front for most of it, until moving back for the last couple of tunes cos I could sense my eardrums and windpipe detaching from the rest of my body :)

Rob Hall's DJ set was superbly mindblowing too!

Having never been to Manch before I was rather excited, so took a few crappy pix on my mobile (though I couldn't get one of Rob and Sean cos it was dark!):

Rob Hall DJing in the gloom:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/pai ... ture5.gif?

Back of Zoo club, Manchester - nice artwork! :)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/pai ... ture6.gif?

Skam Records letter box - awww.... I couldn't resist! :)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/pai ... ture4.jpg?
is this a piece of your brain?
little twin star
Sinner

Post by little twin star »

wednesday ae for me :)
GoatSucker

Post by GoatSucker »

Loopz wrote:that recording is just not worth downloading. Its distroted big time and doesnt even come close to what was played :cry:
Wow - that's quite negative. Still, all comments are appreciated, I suppose, but I think you're expectations for it might have been a bit high and I'm left wondering how much of it you listened to. Other people have commented on how good it sounds and I did make it clear that it was distorted to buggery :D
Anyway, it's not supposed to recreate the sound perfectly, but as a nice reminder of the set for people that were there. I like it anyway, so there :wink:
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

without any recognisable tracks
They started with 'LCC' from the new album. Unrecognisable my arse!
"Gimme the sight to see
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

GoatSucker wrote:
Loopz wrote:that recording is just not worth downloading. Its distroted big time and doesnt even come close to what was played :cry:
Wow - that's quite negative. Still, all comments are appreciated, I suppose, but I think you're expectations for it might have been a bit high and I'm left wondering how much of it you listened to. Other people have commented on how good it sounds and I did make it clear that it was distorted to buggery :D
Anyway, it's not supposed to recreate the sound perfectly, but as a nice reminder of the set for people that were there. I like it anyway, so there :wink:
Despite being negative i think i hit the nail on the head. Its a terrible bootleg but i can understand that its close to your heart. It was your first one etc. I did put in this thread http://www.loopzorbital.com/phpbb/viewt ... c&start=45 "its a boot. to be honest (and no disrespect Goaty!) its not worth having.". I'm glad you attempted the boot but better luck next time with your recording :)

oh btw...i listened to ALL of it and they also played elements of Pro Radii :Finger
Shrineboy
Saint

Post by Shrineboy »

Just found this Rob Hall DJ set recorded in Tokyo in 2000, a bargain at £5.99! http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=11236